Well I just looked it up and it's true they were given the drug to kids as young as 9 years old to try and cause some mass spiritual awakening. <br />
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxsbCFOu7b4

Best Answer

Ignorance

Best Answer

Lysergic acid diethylamide? Or lead singers disease. Either on I am sure was to foster and nurture the creativity of the left hemisphere .

Best Answer

Because that quack doctor Leary thought it was a drug that could benefit people.

Best Answer

no but he recommended it as use for mental isues or something like that so parents probably felt if Dr leary said it was ok then it must be.

Best Answer

Simple : They didn't have the Experience Project to enlighten them back then ;-)

Best Answer

You mean they couldn't pretend to be somethig they are not?

Best Answer

I don't think that would have been that common. You'd have to be more specific about the scenario. There were multiple studies using LSD in clinical studies (not all of them unsuccessful) so maybe they thought it would help them the same way it help them. Not all the uses of LSD are proven to be negative. It however was not good for what it was originally formulated to do.

Best Answer

to hide it when the fuzz pulled over thier VW bus and was going to bust them

Best Answer

They did-? That would explain a lot about my parents

Best Answer