not that im not grateful for them..it just kinda cemented that she didnt know me at all, you know?
foldedunfolding foldedunfolding 26-30, F 10 Answers Dec 26, 2013 in Doing Good

I think the worst gift would be being less fortunate and not expecting anything at all.

Best Answer

I got great gifts this year: love, fun, peace, understanding. Maybe that's what you were hoping for from your mom?

Best Answer

you hit the nail on the head. thank you for understanding.

Best Answer

clothes the wrong size purchased on clearance so they couldn't be returned or exchanged & a clock that didn't keep time....heard complaints every year at my in-laws from different people on how much money they spent & how little they received in return...got old with me & I've stopped with the annual merry-go-round.

Best Answer

erghh, that is the WORST~when people misjudge your size!!

Best Answer

I think it was a matter of buying clearance stuff and then finding someone to give it to, just to give a gift

Best Answer

it might have been good things that they found on clearance during the summer months but giving them each to someone regardless of if it fit or not. A hassle to try to return something without a tag, and they ended up in a thrift store donation box. Large family and they were so proud that the gifts piled to the ceiling each year. I had to wonder how many others got things they couldn't use.

Best Answer

the dvd's she gave me were things i obviously would have no taste for, and they were from the bargain bin too. she said that she thought i really liked those kinds of movies...i dont mean to sound ungrateful. im glad i got anything at all, but my mom is abusive in other ways (long story), and i think she was trying to make an underhanded point.

Best Answer

I understand, people will use Christmas gift exchanges to do mean things to others. I've heard people I know say they gift cologne, soap, body wash to their relatives who smell bad & then laugh when telling that the relative said "are you trying to tell me something because you are giving me soap every year?" I've even seen some really mean-spirited gifts given when co-workers drew names at work, one woman got a ceramic black tragedy mask with no name of who bought her the gift. We narrowed it down to her daughter-in-law who also worked there.

Best Answer

******* third world problems I see here. As for those kids in Africa who got nothing well who gives a **** because you got some bad DVDs. Start appreciating what you have because a lot of those kids probably don't even know what a DVD is.

Best Answer

i didnt post this to complain, geez!! it isnt that im not grateful, i was just answering the question i posted.

Best Answer

btw, the term is FIRST world problems, idiot!

Best Answer

You totally missed the point, it's not so much about the gift but what it says about the relationship. That's not a third world problem - just a human one.

Best Answer

Don't worry they got their aids and malaria

Best Answer

some of them don't even know what crayons & coloring books are. That's not the point, people want to hold the tradition of gift exchanges and then give things that aren't appropriate because they don't know the person well enough to know what is. What a waste of time & money for everyone.

Best Answer

I had that happen once. I was living far away and she sent some things from my childhood that I really would have preferred to forget. For me, it represented things I was and didn't want to be anymore.

Best Answer

aw im sorry to hear that :( what did you used to be that you dont want to be anymore?

Best Answer

Shy little fat kid...kind of sickly.

Best Answer

aww :(

Best Answer

Be grateful you got anything at all. People like you make me sad.

Best Answer

grrrrrrrrrr you dont even know me! im not what you think i am!

Best Answer

Damn folded, you are making the whole world sad with your lack of appreciation. Can't you be like this dude, he doesn't care that his mum bought him such ridiculous clothes for Christmas - he still wears it proudly!

Best Answer

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH MANNN I NEEDED THAT

Best Answer

Ha... Ha.

Best Answer

Aren't we thee little ingrate

Best Answer

we are not.

Best Answer

I only received towels for my home. I got a few gift cards, which I distributed equally to my kids. It's not about the gifts; it's about the company.

Best Answer