hhcoolmv1 hhcoolmv1 18-21, F 13 Answers Jul 30, 2012

All of it. For those Americans who did not understand it. It was a history lesson, well the highlights of our history. From people living on the land, to the industrial revolution. The guy in the top hat quoting Shakespeare, he was Islam Brunel Kingdom, famous engineer (google him), so the people went from the land to factories, hence the Olympic rings, we made steel in this country once amongst other things !!! Poppies the flowers we use to remember the wars and those who died and served. The NHS (National Health Service) think Obama care haha not really but along those lines. After Wll the then government at a time of poverty for the country founded it.The motto from cradle to grave, universal health care for all. Paid for from National health contributions (a tax) but free from point of contact. Hence the beds children doctors and nurses. GOSH, Great Ormond Street Hospital for children. It was an introduction to children literature. J.M. Barrie who wrote Peter Pan, gave the rights of the story to that hospital. So we then had some famous children's literature. Queen of hearts etc. Oh forgot the deaf choir singing the National Anthem, yeah brought a tear to my eyes too. Where were we, Mary Poppins chasing all the bad things away. Then the internet, he was trying to convey how we communicate NOW, World Wide Web and celebrating the guy who created it, he gave it away free to the world !!!. Along side that, the music charting the passing of time and of course celebrating British music.<br />
If I have missed stuff out forgive me. Oh yes, after we won the bid to host the Olympics the London bombings happened. There was a song and dance section dedicated to them. For reasons best known to themselves, NBC cut that out !!! Shame on them. The lighting of the cauldron, well passing the touch on to the next generation. Did you notice each team had a child carrying a piece in. Oh yes, Our Queen and James Bond, did you notice the kids all wore Brazilian hats ???<br />
So yeah sure missed bits out, Bean our humour which the world has understood, no words, Loved it, heard the fireworks from my house and no not that near :)<br />
.

Best Answer

Umm...it was easy enough to understand and follow, just not very "attention keeping" for it's length.

Best Answer

Well glad you understood it, I read an online paper and although it is an English paper lots of US comments, they did not have a clue !! You are one clever lady, sorry you did not like it, but no biggie. PS in the US you had commercial breaks we did not.

Best Answer

I think it was when someone said "fade to black".

Best Answer

The end. When everything came to a stop. Loved that.

Best Answer

The closing credits, it sucked

Best Answer

When it was in Beijing.

Best Answer

Nothing.

Best Answer

I loved when the archer shot the Olympic flame into the cauldron. Oh wait, that was Barcelona!

Best Answer

The drums.

Best Answer

playing metal gear solid 4 instead

Best Answer

beijings version LOL joking, Mr. Bean.

Best Answer