I've gotta say either her Mac n' cheese or lasagna....Ooooh! Wait! Her roast beef...cooked very rare, the way I like it-gravy too. And smashed tatoes, salad, hot buttered rolls made from scratch and sweet summer squash with butter......YUM! RIP=miss you Mum & Daddy.....
PrincessMaine PrincessMaine 46-50, F 11 Answers Jan 23, 2013 in Food

First off I'll say my mom was a horrible cook ... black pepper was a favorite of hers and she peppered almost everything to death along with cooking meats until they were like shoe leather ... BUT saying that she knew how to fry up chicken and make this great thick gravy from the cracklings ... I've been trying to emulate it for over 30 years and can't come close ... that fried chicken with gravy and mashed potatoes and biscuits ... not much need for KFC

Best Answer

Haha! I've been trying to replicate one of my Mum's cakes like, forever! It was a bunt cake with butter for frosting..and I do not like sweets, but this cake was to DIE for!

Best Answer

Lasagne!

Best Answer

Yum!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

potatoe salad

Best Answer

YES!!!!! With cukes!! Great answer!

Best Answer

Cucumbers in tater salad? Gah! No, boiled egg, onion and yellow mustard, its the best! Also miracle whip instead of mayo. YUM!

Best Answer

Meatless manicotti

Best Answer

Sounds yummy!

Best Answer

My favorite was her homemade chicken and dumplings along with slices of her homemade bread. Second favorite was her clam chowder with that fresh homemade bread. Boy do I wish she were still alive and cooking.

Best Answer

Meat loaf, mashed potatoes, peas and carrots with corn bread on the side. Follow it up with fresh baked apple pie from scratch.

Best Answer

Gosh, it's been so long since I've even thought about it. Her Mom cooked all the wonderful Jewish ethnic food, but my Mom did make a killer beef stew.... with potatoes, carrots and onions and occasionally, she'd throw in some green beans.

But the the best thing she cooked up...was the love she had for my sister and me...she nurtured us with tender loving care and I do miss here very much

Best Answer

Mom's 'Everything Chicken Soup" literally lol , with rolls for dipping in UGH IM asking her to make it soon!

Best Answer

My Mom was a little...challenged in the cooking department....but she had one dish that she would serve to company when they came over...it was actually pretty good.

Easy Beef Stew

2 lbs chuck stew beef

1 can Campbells Golden Mushroom condensed soup

1 packet dry onion soup mix

1 cup boiling water

1 beef bouillon cube or 1 tsp beef bouillon paste

1/2 cup robust dry red wine of a good quality

additional water or wine as needed

1/2 lb sliced portobello mushrooms (sliced) (optional)

2 T butter (optional)

sprinkle of garlic powder (optional)

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

Since adding the mushrooms to the stew is optional, you may choose to skip this entire first step, but if you are adding them, saute the mushrooms in the butter until they have released most of their liquid. You may use the liquid from the mushrooms as part of the "boiling water" to dissolve the bouillon cube, above.

Combine the soup, soup mix. boiling water/bouillon mixture, redwine and pour over beef and/or beef and mushroom in a 2 qt casserole dish which has been sprayed with a non-stick cooking spray.

Cook for 2 hours uncovered, checking during cooking every half hour, stirring and adding water or wine if the gravy level reduces of the meat seems to be drying out.

Serve over rice. Serves 6.

Best Answer