ShyNight ShyNight 31-35, M 30 Answers May 6, 2009

I was working in the call center and the person working right next to me was on the phone with a guy in the trade center. As the first plane hit that building the guy told her "I think a plane just hit the building I got to go"<br />
We never did find out if that guy survived or not but the thought of it messed up my co-worker for sometime. <br />
We all continued to work as the whole thing took place (we had to due to the nature of the business I'm in)<br />
Many times I had contact with people in New York and Washington DC through out the day as well as other cities that thought they too would fall under an attack. Cleveland, San Francisco, Philidelphia, St Louis. I even stayed late that day due to again the neature of my job we all played a role that day for literally thousands of people.<br />
eight days later I had one of the terrorists call in and I made notes and flagged the call. Sure enough I had to go in the next day and speak to the Secret Service I spent all day of the 20th filling out staements and affivavit in the General Managers office. The guy was caught on the west coast and all the information was shared with the New York PD who sent me two 911 tie clips that I wear each year on 9-11 My name went all the way up to the CEO of the comapny and my call was used in training to teach workers to pay attention to the sounds of the call as much as the caller.

Best Answer

I was a Sophomore in high school. I was in math class and our teacher turned on the TV in the middle of the lesson. Everyone started laughing and making fun of the people who were trapped in the tower.<br />
Yes. They are the morons I had to endure for four years.

Best Answer

I was asleep and my mom woke me up, she had a serious, worried look on her face and said: The world as we know it is about to change. Turn on your TV.<br />
It seriously scared the **** out of me.

Best Answer

My husband and I were watching the morning show and watched the first plane go into the tower. At first we weren't sure it was real until the host reacted. Then the second plane flew in. It was unbelievable that it happened right in front of our eyes like that!

Best Answer

I was home watching "War of the Worlds" on cable television. <br />
I got bored with the movie & flipped channels to ABC's morning show. As the two hosts of the show talked about the first plane hitting the north tower, the screen behind them showed the second plane flying into the south tower. For one very long moment, the hosts didn't know what had happened, but then it was clear to them & everyone else that it wasn't just a horrible accident. <br />
I watched in stunned disbelief and hoped for a moment that someone would interrupt the news and tell us it was fiction...

Best Answer

Getting drunk that night!...Awoke to a nightmare!<br />
Thought it was a new movie!<br />
It wasn't!!

Best Answer

I was home sick from school.

Best Answer

It was my first day of high school. I heard people in the hall talking about planes crashing into the statue of liberty, etc. (yes, it had already been turned into a distorted rumor). I thought it was some new movie, and remember thinking that it sounded really stupid. During a free period I found out it was real (with some minor changes in detail).

Best Answer

i think i was in the 7th grade when it happened, the teachers came in and told us exactly what was going on...it was scary but would have been scarier if i had lived in the US..

Best Answer

i was at school in 3rd grade..they said it over announements or something but i don't really remember that well..all i remember is my dad getting stopped on the highway cause police thought he was a terrorist hahaha!!! typical. see an arab and they must have had something to do with the plane hi-jacking and crashing. oh, but it was a very sad day otherwise, i remember people crying at least

Best Answer

I was in chemistry class in Rhode Island.

Best Answer

I had just woke up. I went to get coffee and put on the news. I thought it was a movie until they announced the second plane. The first one I missed. I was going to get ready for work. I couldn't believe that it was happening.

Best Answer

I was a senior in highschool and I was in Math class. The principal or someone came on the PA system and told the teachers to turn the tvs on and we sat there and watched the footage instead of doing anything class related. I thought it was pretty scary and no one made any fun in my class. Although it was pre calc. so yeah can't have a sense of humor in there anyway.

Best Answer

I was laid off few months before. Was studying intuition and how it could be applied to the trading on the stock markets.<br />
On sunday (7/11) I got clear intuitive sign of upcoming bear market.<br />
On monday (8/11) I bought a huge position of Sep OEX PUT options - security that greatly appreciate in price if market goes down.<br />
On 9/11 attack happens, market crashed and closed for a week. <br />
This single intuitive trade supplied me with living money for the next year.

Best Answer

I was on holiday visiting my parents in Canada (I'm in the UK). I got up that morning and turned on the news to see the aftermath of both the towers reduced to rubble. I couldn't believe what I was seeing! The reporters were talking, but nothing was sinking in. I remember the newsflash banner running along the bottom of the screen reporting on the plane that hit the Pentagon and the one that crashed in the field. I just couldn't believe my eyes. All aircraft were grounded for days, and we had to say an extra 4 days. The whole flight home (9 hours) I was terrified my plane would be next.<br />
The thought of those people knowing their lives were ending right there and then still haunts me to this day.

Best Answer

i was at school (in sixth grade) and my english teacher turned on the tv to the news

Best Answer

I was in a hotel room with my wife and we had gotten up and taken showers, she was still in the shower when I sat down drying off while watching the Bloomberg Report. The host stopped reporting financial news and said, "We have to break away for an important report that is being brought to us live.The first image shown was the first tower was already plane struck and smoking. While watching and listening to the news people trying to get a grasp of the situation, the second plane came into veiw and hit the second tower. I sat in shock and disbelief, at first it had looked like a terrible acident,but then became an obvious terror attack.

Best Answer

I was in surgery (working). We always have a TV on in the lounge and my work partner came in and told us of the breaking news. My surgeon asked alot of questions but at that point not much was known. We kept getting updates throughout the morning. Later the surgeon told us that his brother in law worked in the towers. He was one of the many casualties that day.

Best Answer

I was sleeping. My mother in law called me and told me about it- it didn't sink in what she was trying to say until much later when all the hype was out. I just thought some financial centers were highjacked or something. I don't think I had ever even thought on a global scale before that point...

Best Answer

i woke up and put on the news like always, and saw one of the twin towers was on fire. i lived up north as a kid, we had a perfect skyline view of n.y. city, and we all called them the twin towers. nobody said world trade center up there. anyway they said a plane crashed into the tower. it was pretty nuts just having a plane hit one of the towers. i watched the second plane hit and the world stopped. now you knew this was no accident. i was just numb. i was in a daze and for days i would just cry at any time. i fought for my country and i am very proud of it. i remember thinking in the following days how you don't even think of airplanes until they're all grounded and the skies are empty. i still deal with anger issues and i don't like middle eastern people. i know it's wrong, but i can't help it. i've been to their land, and their way of living is completely alien. anyway, i'm dealing with it just like everyone else. read chapter 18 in the book of revelation. it's about 9/11. there's specific things mentioned.

Best Answer