For 7 months I was having the best life ever! then BAMMM! got post-viral fatigue and can hardly do anything so my life has been put on hold. I see everyone my age enjoying life and I have to wait till this illness passes (had it for 6 months) I'm scared that I'm missing out on my best years and life is flushing away.
KatieM123 KatieM123 18-21, F 5 Answers Jun 24, 2012

You know, a lot of people have that feeling for a lot of different reasons. Some people find out they are allergic to wheat and have to bring all their food in baggies while their friends eat out and talk endlessly about the best restaurants. Some people find out at 20 that they are alcoholics, go to rehab, and then return to experience a gambit of 21st birthday parties with a can of soda in hand. Some people cannot even walk and dream endlessly about what it would be like just to stand up.<br />
That said, I'm not sure if there is an easy way to make anyone that feels like they are missing out on something feel better, but what you need to know is that you are not an abnormality. I think most people have felt the way you do for one reason or another more so than people who haven't. And this experience -if you take it on with strength and dignity -will shape who you are in the next stage of life. You will be 25 one day, over this thing, and such a strong person and those kids who are having all the fun right now will meet you and want your strength, but they will never be able to have it. Real strength takes real suffering. What doesn't kill you REALLY DOES make your stronger.

Best Answer

Thank you so much. This is honestly the best answer. I have felt so lonely but I think I just need to be patient. I still don't see a reason for this .. however, I think I proberbly be more emotionally stable and strong. I won'y worry about the small things in life. Your health is the most important thing.

Best Answer

16 to 20. Before 16 I was in the world being picked on, after 20 I came back to the world and responsibility. 16 to 20 on the street in San Francisco selling weed, getting high and laid.

Best Answer

my best years were 25-40

Best Answer

thats what my mum said lol

Best Answer

mums are always right trust me

Best Answer

I'm 22 and certain the best is yet to come.

Best Answer

so you don't think I'm missing out on anyway? I'm 19 and feel like I need to live life to the full but I really can't at the moment because of my condition. Things like this happen I guess

Best Answer

there is nothing you do at 19 you can't do at 20, 21, 22, 23+...you aren't missing out on anything. you may even be keeping out of some trouble. plus, you are learning to appreciate things. you will appreciate all the fun you'll have when you are better so much more.

Best Answer

Thank you :) X

Best Answer