Protests and riot won't change the fact that the jig is up.
TheSquirrel TheSquirrel 46-50, M 17 Answers Oct 25, 2012 in Politics

You like the rest of us will have to get a JOB.

Best Answer

They are putting lage Concentration Camps around the USA for such a thing. Civil War coming soon.

Best Answer

I was in Greece over the summer - not just in the tourist areas either, but in the smaller towns away. What I saw was scary and what i heard was even scarier.<br />
The people at the marina we were at wouldn't even let us rent a car unless we would agree to having their own people along - which included two armed men. (Imagine it - a nice ride in the country with your husband, two kids and two bodyguards.) <br />
Since the system is so broken, trash collection was spotty and trash in some villages was stacked everywhere. A few wrecked cars were where they had wrecked though they were older - no one towed them away as they won't be paid but passersby had ******** them of parts. Broken street lights, downed signs, etc. were everywhere.<br />
According to our "guests' on the ride, violent crime is an everyday occurence and people are abandoning their children at churches in great numbers as they can't afford to feed them. Old people are commiting suicide. There is a special bitterness to the people in the villages that money is still flowing to the capital and the tourist areas while the people in the rural areas and more industrial sections get no help. It was pretty eye opening. <br />
So what will happen when the US runs out of money? Well, those that are outside the corridors of power like Washington DC will starve first. At the beginning through a loss of services, then other ways. Crime will spike and the real problems will likely be things like sanitation as much as a loss of financial support.

Best Answer

What a good explanation of things in Greece. I am concerned that we as a country are headed that way. It won't affect everyone, but third world status is on the horizon.

Best Answer

I think before that happens there will be food riots we are much closer to not being able to get food to the cities than the govt going broke . I'll be laughing from my grave by then .

Best Answer

They will insist they are entitled and stick beans up their nose, hold their breath, and stop their feet until they die of starvation rather than do anything sensible to correct the situation. Work is a nasty four letter word to them

Best Answer

I assume it will declare bankruptcy and re-organize and life will go on.<br />
I think it's important to realize our money is just paper with words printed on it, there is nothing behind it except promises and lies, and when that fails there will be something else that will also be promises and lies.<br />
Life goes on!<br />
Read about what happened in Germany after WWI, when an egg cost the equivalent of a million dollars.

Best Answer

I think we are more likely to have a hyperinflation than a reorganization or outright default.

Best Answer

The problem with that idea is that our 'debtors" come in two flavors. One are major countries like China that not only provide parts we need to keep our manufacturing working but also have big scary armies. At the the very least, imports from these countries will dry up, and we won't have the investment money to replace those components. Whole manufacturing industries will grind to a halt at the very least.
Second, we need to remember that our own treasury bought $1.5 trillion of our own debt last year. When we crash - if we do - then our own 401K's and pensions become worthless. This isn't a bankruptcy where a few creditors will be able to write down some debt, take it as a tax credit and keep moving. This is a massive amount of debt - enough to take down millions of jobs.

Best Answer

Yes, you are right, Twyla, and a lot of people, including me on Social Security, will suffer. But I think the abstract nature of our national debt will balance itself very quickly. Also, we don't "need" anything from China, that is just feeding the greed!

Best Answer

I am sure that it will result in super unpleasantness, but I don't see China getting all military about it. Their government has much to loose, more than ours does, maybe. I could see the more healthy states and cities of the USA becoming independent before I see a war with the Chinese.

Best Answer

This has happened in the past. Rich people have gathered up all of the money before and told their peasants to starve. The French did something about it in the early 1800s and the Germans did something about it in 1930s. It's about time to go through this little exercise again, except this time we get to pop nukes up front. Aren't you excited? I can tell you how it ends too. The rich people will pay their peasants to put down the revolt, the revolt will be crushed. Economies will run again as rich people set up businesses to collect the money they spent on crushing the revolt and killing its leader, and we go back to being greedy bastards again wondering why Earth is such a miserable place to live in. Does the stupidity of people bother you yet? I know, I'm the stupid one aren't I? I wasn't paying attention to the propaganda in history class and got it all wrong. Tut tut.

Best Answer

Rich people are not gathering up all the money this time. This is a credit problem, not a gold hiding problem. I love your class warfare scenario, nonetheless, especially when you call people peasants. That was a nice touch.

Best Answer

Really? You don't follow bank balances yet you think you have insight? Hint: The only reason economies slow down with today's agricultural technology is money supply. Loans are just another way to rip someone off. Wake up little squirrel. I don't even have a degree in this stuff and I'm out thinking you by miles.

Best Answer

They will not be able to get handouts and will be working 16 hours a day assembling iPhones for the Chinese.

Best Answer

Well I don't know,,,Ask Greece.

Best Answer

They do come to mind, but I think that, really, we are in worse shape than they are, only our currency is the big reserve currency, so we have been able to lie to ourselves a bit longer.

Best Answer

No,,You're finances are nowhere near the state of the greek economy,,you're actually coming out of trouble slowly,,and that's the best way to do it,,but remind me,,how much money has one man spent on lying to the nation,,and then try fo find out how much tax he's paid,,I refer to mr. Romney,,a lot of greek people can't even afford food,,and public servants havn't been paid a single penny for weeks.

Best Answer

Then maybe they will actually go get a job and stop sucking the honest taxpayer dry. We should be only helping those that truely need the help and not all those whining little brats who refuse to work

Best Answer

simply put, they are ******. But at this point I am sure we all are anyway.

Best Answer

they'll be screwed what else

Best Answer

Nothing. It'll never happen. Besides, Greece is<br />
not a superpower.

Best Answer

They start another war and take someone elses stuff

Best Answer

lol good question

Best Answer