Casualfun Casualfun 36-40, M 16 Answers Jul 17, 2012

"honest politician" is an oxymoron - so the only right answer is: Silence (as in like the vacuum of space)...

Best Answer

In my opinion we got one honest successful politician here in the Netherlands: Emile Roemer. The way he talks, he explains things, it just makes sense. He used to be a teacher before he joined politics and he stayed a normal man with a good sense of humor. I'm certainly going to vote for him next month. Far better than that creap we got right now.

Best Answer

I don't think such a combination is possible..

Best Answer

They would actually say what they believe whether it was going to offend voters or not. That is what they used to do. They wouldn't waste taxpayers time and money "trashing" their opponent!<br />
There is no such thing, as far as I'm concerned, as an honest politician.

Best Answer

I'm a lying, crooked, moron!

Best Answer

An honest politician sounds like an actual middle class working slob. We used to have them in this country, but now we only elect millionaire and billionaire two-faced lawyers. The way to elect them again is, of course, to throw out all the millionaires and lawyers. Just keep voting them out until they get the message we want someone different.

Best Answer

Many of our founding fathers were wealthy successful businessman and farmers. And I don't know that we do want somethone different, I think the voting public just likes to say it does.

Best Answer

Many of the founding fathers were wealthy, but the point is it is only in the last few decades wealth and lawyers have come to completely dominate our politics. The trend began sometime after the civil war when industries first began to dominate American businesses as well. With gerrymandering becoming a science, the supreme court ruling to allow corporations unlimited political campaigning, etc. I'm not sure it matters what the American public wants unless they are willing to take extreme measures.

Best Answer

I would argue that the American public gets EXACTLY what it wants from its political candidates, and then complains about it afterwards.

Best Answer

If I want to know what the American public wants I prefer to review the statistics or, at least, call the psychic hotline.

Best Answer

"Look, we can't please everyone, the ones we please are the ones who give us money. Money wins elections people, not your insignificant votes. When will you learn that? If you want to make a difference in your life then DO IT YOURSELF. I'll help you if you help me"

Best Answer

Yes, if you let his wife and or kids answer the real questions...

Best Answer

Simple. No more political advertisement. Government is not a commodity. Politics is not commercialism. Have the FEC compile, compare, and release the relevant data on the various candidates. Campaigning is a horrible way to pick a leader; it ensures the person best at campaigning wins, not the most qualified.

Best Answer

While I agree with you regarding the toxicity of our current campaign environment, how would you reconcile your plan with our long held tradition of freedom of speech? And could the FEC remain independent and uncorrupted when they essentially the be-all and end-all of election information?

Best Answer

I think truth stands a rung higher than freedom of speech.
And I honestly don't have a clue how to enact this plan of mine. Of course the FEC would be bribed to hell and back- regulatory capture. Hell, it already is.
Maybe we could trust voters to do their own research? Maybe..?

Best Answer

"Truth stands a rung higher than freedom of speech" sounds exactly like something the Chinese government would say to defend their communist government policies.

Best Answer

nah.........by the time they reach that position of power........they've already sold their souls

Best Answer

by definition: an honest politition will never exist

Best Answer

An honest politician sounds like someone who died at least 200 years ago in the US.

Best Answer

What would an honest politician actually sound like? <br />
No drama in words, actions with results benefiting the people - thats a honest politician... <br />
And is there any way to make an honest politician electable?<br />
No

Best Answer

Please vote for me...I will be an honest politician. :)

Best Answer

A liar...

Best Answer