plungesponge plungesponge 26-30, M 15 Answers Nov 30, 2010

One can, nothing probably. But I have heard that cat food is much higher in protein than dog food and can cause health problems in dogs because of that if they eat too much of it. Not to mention, who wants a rottweiler trying to climb the neighbor's tree or a cat that barks at the garbage men at 6:00 a.m.?<br />
@ Peza -- Dogs LOVE cat food. Don't have cats (except feral ones outside) so I don't know if they'd eat dog food.

Best Answer

A dog can eat dog food or cat food, but a cat should not eat dog food because there is not enough protien in dog food for cats.

Best Answer

they will eat the wrong food. I have to put my cat's food above the floor so the dog won't eat it. The dog however gaurds his food dish from the cat, I've even caught him sleeping with his head in the food bowl.<br />
Heart and liver problems will ensue from them eating the wrong foods for cats and dogs.

Best Answer

life will explode into an awkward paradox

Best Answer

IDK about the cat but the dog will have worse breath and perhaps diarrhea

Best Answer

ah you are hoping your Doggy would bury his poo, tough it doesn't work, my cat still doesn't like a lead very much either :)

Best Answer

Lol, I had a dog who kept getting into the cat food and she simply got fat! My cat loves dog food, but there isn't any ash in it and causes digestive troubles.....the only mutation you will get is a dog with a double chin and puddles of upchuck on the floor from kitty!

Best Answer

They both would mutate and die! The diets are so different that the dog would starve to death and the cat would get sick and bye bye.

Best Answer

They wouldn't eat it.

Best Answer

damn I was hoping for some kind of mutation

Best Answer

Yes they will eat it. I have to keep my, and my neighbors dogs away from the cat feed pan. They will empty it in a heart beat.

Best Answer

your dog would gulp it down and want more and the Cat would say hey man ! WTF is this Sh!t ? , and turn its nose up in the air and walk away hoping you got the message

Best Answer

They would not get the proper nutrients. Don't try that!

Best Answer

You should never feed your dog cat food. Cat food is too high in protein

Best Answer

The protein content of cat food is much higher than it is in dog food. Too much protein damages the kidneys. <br />
A cat eating dog feed, would have to over eat to get the necessary protein. That would cause obesity.<br />
Keep both of them on their proper food.

Best Answer