There is a great movie about this that I have been trying to remember the name of for like two years....ugh.
Goodbadladywoman Goodbadladywoman 26-30, F 3 Answers Dec 14, 2013 in Community

I would have an attentive lover.

Best Answer

Lol.

Best Answer

A paradox

Best Answer

So true!

Best Answer

Nothing. Due to my mental state, I don't really feel shame. I only feel anger or confusion where shame should be.

Best Answer

I noticed the word really, confusion of mind is often times an affect of shame? Is literally and figuratively covering up one's self an expression of shame? I think all humans experience this, except possibly a select few of which I can not think of who they would be at the moment -.- (sleepy)

Best Answer

Well the thing is, I'm quite psychotic. So normally things that would cause me shame, I am either proud of, or I am just angry at, or I am confused emotionally and I don't really feel anything. Here's an example. Most people would feel ashamed if they tried to express their opinion, and everyone else disagreed. Or like if everyone disliked you for something you did that you thought was right. I'd be proud as hell of that, because it means that I don't give a **** if people dislike my ideas, I like them and I won't change them due to peer pressure. Now, things like being considered an "easy" girl would be shameful. But for me, I'd just be angry as a bastard that anyone bothered to affix a title to me, and I'd feel nothing over the insult being true or false.

Best Answer

Do you leave your house clothed?

Best Answer

Yes. I do that mostly cos it's freezing cold here.

Best Answer

I will leave it at accepting your answer, I understand it is a complex issue to discuss. I believe all humans feel shame...it arises when one's 'flaws' are exposed to others, which seems to happen to us all at some point. The exception being babies :) There is a fine line between shame, guilt and embarrassment at times.

Best Answer

Well you see, my flaws are in my eyes what makes me perfect.

Best Answer

So you enjoy people shaming your perfection :P

Best Answer

In a sense. I live among those who hate me for being myself, they hate my taste in music, my sexual orientation, my ideas of right and wrong, my lack of religious beliefs...and so all that stuff to me has become perfection. What is hated for being best.

Best Answer

That's horrible and I'm sorry for that but turning flaws into perfections sounds like a way to avoid shame/guilt. Don't get me wrong I completely understand staying true to yourself and holding on tighter to that which people don't understand, just speaking in general terms.

Best Answer