What would happen if i would cut over a visible vein? If it was on the surface of your skin but with a visible greenish vein under? Would I cut through the vein?
staystrong16 staystrong16 13-15, F 1 Answer May 21 in Health

You would have to cut really deep to bleed to death. You would hit nerves, ligaments and tendons before you got deep enough. Most people who slit their wrists end up with permanent damage and a lengthy trip to the mental ward... not death.

Best Answer

But what if the cut wasn't deep?

Best Answer

Then you just end up with a scar which can make it difficult to wear t-shirts or go swimming. This will be the first year I can wear t-shirts and shorts in a very long time. It's embarrassing when people see them, even if they don't say anything.

Best Answer

So I cut on the surface of my skin with a visible vein underneath then it wouldn't bleed a lot?

Best Answer

I have to swim in pe tomorrow

Best Answer

No it wouldn't. Why would you want to cut? Arms and legs look pretty nasty with scars all over them... trust me, I know. Imagine having to explain to friends, parents, or boyfriends. It's not worth it.

Best Answer

I already have a bunch of scars from surgery. A few more can't hurt

Best Answer

There are better ways to deal with sh1tty energy, and cutting isn't one of them. It seems the "in" thing on here for teenagers to post about cutting.

Best Answer

I can't deal with all of my emotions any other way

Best Answer

Yes, you can. You just need some alternatives to cutting.
http://www.mindfulnessmuse.com/dialectical-behavior-therapy/how-to-calm-down-from-extreme-emotions-in-30-seconds
The one I find most useful is the dive reflex.
Dialectical Behaviour Therapy helps people deal cope with flooding emotions or spiralling thoughts.

Best Answer