QuestionMarks QuestionMarks 41-45, F 22 Answers Jul 19, 2009

It's a childish way to look like a big man..and people hate it. He doesn't know how bad of an impression he makes .Weird thinking ..

Best Answer

IT MEANS HE'S AN *******!

Best Answer

It means he is totally insecure and needs to get his **** together. Dont put up with it for ONE second, because one day it may creep into homelife too

Best Answer

No one is perfect. We all hurt people we love from time to time. But your husband should never intentionally hurt you. He should say sorry if he does hurt you. And he should try not to repeat mistakes.<br />
That being said, if you are writing on EP that your husband treats you badly, that sounds like cause for real concern. I think that separating out his public and private treatment of you is irrelevant. Spouses, partners, friends should treat each kindly. period. It doesn't matter if you are alone, with friends, or in the middle of Times Square.<br />
I hope that you let your husband know when he does something that makes you feel bad. He should listen to you and work through the conflict with you. If he doesn't, recommend seeking couples counseling to try to make things better in your relationship and/or evaluating if this relationship is worth it.<br />
Good luck.

Best Answer

i agree strongly with EvilR. no matter who it is, even if it is your husband, if someone refuses to treat you properly and with compassion in any situation-- i believe that you need to remove yourself and go do something to make yourself feel happy... positive.<br />
when it comes to being treated right, i am strict. i will not be around someone if they are not respectful. you know what that got me?<br />
R E S P E C T<br />
:)<br />
you deserve it!

Best Answer

He's very insecure and doesn't want to look "whipped" in front of anyone. Talk to him about it. If he feels tough treating you like crap in public you never know when he'll start acting like that at home. If you have any hint that he is ashamed get him and you to a marriage counselor pronto. If he refuses to see where you are coming from, maybe you two need a while apart until he gets his head out of his ***.

Best Answer

He just tries to be a macho man, don't pay no mind, in private oh you get yours right? Just laugh when yall are out in public, roll your eyes just to let em know you know he's full of it! He's just a man! haha

Best Answer

It does mean he's insecure but it does NOT mean you have to take it. Refuse to go out with him in public. Seriously. For family functions, go with a relative, for everyday errands, or mmovies, etc, go alone. Or pretend you are not with him and do not socialize with him in public. Tell him ahead of time thats what you are going to do, then stick to it til he agrees to counseling. If anyone is curious, tell them that he's just no fun for YOU to hang out with in public but that the two of you are fine, no worries.

Best Answer

Everyone is insecure to an extent, however, he has gone beyond normal. Get counseling, or get out. Otherwise this won't end well.

Best Answer

I had a friend that acted this way...my "take" on it was he loved his wife/girlfriend but was terribly insecure around his peers and thought women were supposed to be treated like second class citizens.ie he thought it was "macho" and his gut friends would respect him more if he didn't act al l lovey-dovey..Not much help as to what to do about it; I tried to help by demonstrating my feelings for my wife in a public way so he'd think it was OK..seemed to work for a while but they ended up in divorce court, she was better off and deserved better1

Best Answer

It would mean it's time to get a divorce and find someome you deserve. Seriously, I just heard about a woman who endured eighteen years of abuse, then one day she blanked out and shot her husband to death. You don't want it to go that far.

Best Answer

Others have said it - insecurity - someone who treats you like this doesn't deserve to have any woman with him.

Best Answer

looks like he is totally insecure and is worried with people's opinion

Best Answer

He needs to grow up talk to him and tell him you want respect in public as well as in pivate. Also tell him if he does not change his ways in public then you too will treat him like **** in public and see how he likes his own medicine.

Best Answer

He doesn't respect you and is using u for his own gain...maybe to seem like a "big" man.

Best Answer

Based on this scarce information: I'd guess he loves you, but fears being disrespected in public if he showed it. He might even be ashamed of being your husband.<br />
This would be a good time to see a councilor or a common confidant, before the situation gets any worse. Perhaps a parent-in-law might help too.

Best Answer