sudden after all this time she makes contact? Not sure if she is up to something, being nosey, or if she truly wants to get back with me as a true friend??? What would you do?
2013unemployed 2013unemployed 51-55, F 5 Answers May 11, 2013 in Community

Depends on what type of person she is. If she was a good friend to you before, and then she just "disappeared", then I'd have to ask why. Hopefully she would volunteer that information and offer up an explanation. Sometimes things happen. But if she wasn't a good friend before, and now she is just popping up without explanation, then I'd have to think it over. If her disappearance had hurt me in some way, or I really felt that she had let me down, then I would probably just let the whole thing go.

Deserves thinking about.

Best Answer

She texted Happy Mothers Day. I thought she texted me by accident so sent back a text telling her she either made a mistake and texted me by accident or if it wasn't a mistake then I also wish her a Happy Moms Day. I also told her I was surprised she was texting me because I thought our boss told her not to contact me (I got laid off and had a falling out with our boss.) I told her if she would like to talk then to call me this afternoon. She replied that she would love to call her "friend" and talk to her??? I'm so confused about her motives but I guess I should just ask if and when she calls??

Best Answer

I would. I'm not sure what all happened with your boss or why he/she would have anything to do with your friendships, but I think that clearing the air and finding out exactly where your "friend" is coming from would be the best thing.

Best Answer

Thanks. I will give it a try. Nothing to lose right? I used to work with my friend and in fact I was her office manager and instead of her losing her job the a-hole let me go. He was always trying to fire her and I protected her for years and in the end I lost my job which I did not hold against her but she still never called me since the day I lost my job!

Best Answer

I guess that's what I'd ask her. "I knew it wasn't your fault that I was let go, but since you were my friend, why didn't you call?" It could be that she felt guilty and somehow responsible for you losing your job. Maybe she felt guilty that you lost yours while she kept hers. I think I'd just calmly and respectfully ask what it was all about. It could be that she just wants to forget the whole awkward episode and start the friendship again where you left off. It will be up to you whether you are willing to do that.

Best Answer

Again, thanks for the advice. Nice to get an outside view of the situation. My husband is too close to the situation and just doesn't want me to get hurt again.

Best Answer

Talk to her and find out. It also depends on the kind of friendship you had previously. If long periods of not being in touch is usual or if you normally spoke everyday and then this happened...only you know. Talk to her.

My so called best friend didn't contact me for a year and then got in touch as though nothing had happened. I told her I wanted no contact, I obviously didnt mean much to her and was a last resort in her life. Seems to be the way with most people in my life to be honest.

Good friends are like gold dust.

Best Answer

depends how and why you two parted.

Best Answer

friends can do that if you really were friends.

Best Answer

I would ask her why she was contacting me after all this time. If we were really close before I would probably reconnect

Best Answer