BravestOfHeart BravestOfHeart 18-21, F 17 Answers May 23, 2012

HVAC if you live in Dallas (great for the summer) as well as being an auto mechanic. You will make more money being in HVAC.

Best Answer

ANY 'Skilled Trade' is good to have in this economy. <br />
Auto Maintanence is hard dirty work (I was married to a mechanic for 18 years).<br />
HVAC is hard as well, but not as greasy..<br />
You also have positions as Pipe Fitters (Grandpa) and Electriticians (Pops) to consider.<br />
The only drawback with HVAC is being on freaking Call!! People won't stand for the Heat and AC being out... Usually car maintenance isn't considered an 'emergency'.

Best Answer

Both!! Being an Apprentice to learn either trade is the best route to take. There is more hands on and you get paid to do it!! Take heed.

Best Answer

They are both very good trades but the way things are going I would go with auto mechanics. People will allways need cars to get around even to go somewhere where it isn't as hot and the AC in your car won't work if the engine won't run and a good air conditioner won't help you when the NWO army is chasing you.

Best Answer

Consider the number of cars on the road, and then consider the number of AC units in homes, apartments and office buildings. Now consider the fact that almost every car built today has AC. <br />
If I had this choice before me (knowing what I know now) I would go to school to be a mechanic. It takes longer but you make good money. You can always do jobs on the side from your garage at home, and there are a LOT of people out there that dont know a thing about their car. <br />
If spinning wrenches isnt your thing, HVAC courses are not that long, and they have apprenticeship programs which pay you while you learn. HVAC can transfer into refridgeration which opens the door to refridgeration units (commercial and residental). With an automotive background you will find AC work easier, and you can fix your own ride most of the time. <br />
I feel the automotive industry will be a better field to learn first. You can fall back on HVAC if it doesnt pan out and it will be a much smoother transition. In either field, the REAL money is in owning your own shop / business.

Best Answer

I would say auto mechanics, You would definitely be busier.

Best Answer

I always wanted a mechanic in the family

Best Answer

Auto mechanics!

Best Answer

auto mechanics ,,, always,,there will be cars to fix

Best Answer