All of us feel strain to conform to a societal norm. Imagine if this force didn't exist. A friend and I had an interesting discussion based off this question.
placidprince placidprince 22-25, M 17 Answers Dec 27, 2012 in Hobbies

Be nude everywhere I go.

Best Answer

No.. I already behave as though no judges me..don't care if they do or not

Best Answer

do you believe there is anything that you do or don't do bc you feel pressure to do it? Or do you truly live independent of society and expectations?

Best Answer

no I live within the constraints of society and have incorporated those constraints into my lifestyle

Best Answer

and there is not a single constraint that you wish didnt effect you? I'm just curious as to which of these restraints act upon ppl even when they go against a person's desires

Best Answer

Act a little more open, just as myself, daily. Be less quiet, even if it would have made me seem annoying,Go after my goals and personal intrests, even if people deem they aren't going to get my anywhere because they aren't fields that get you places in life. And honestly, get really,really,blonde hair again like how it was naturally when I was a kid, I miss it. But it would be fake now,and I,like most of society, think that looks cheasy and a little bit disgusting.

Best Answer

you are an intelligent and interesting person. i think that you should be more open and actively pursue conversation. i say this, but I am very much the same way lol i guess it could be a new years resolution... to get out there and be more open!

Best Answer

Sounds like a good plan, hah it would be my first real new years Res.

Best Answer

shave my head

Best Answer

looked at your profile picture to think what you might look like.. first off, you have beautiful hair so this is hard for me to say lol but if you want to do it, do it! My best friend has a hard time growing hair bc it cracks when it gets too long. She has always been self conscious about this. She has worn wigs most of the time I've known her. Funny thing is that no one ever knows that they are wigs lol. I guess my reason for bringing that up is the following -> you are a beautiful girl. I think you would be able to pull that off and own the look. If you for some reason didn't want to stick with it, you could always grow your hair back!! thats one of the great things about hair. and while it was growng back, you could always play around with wigs? if you were even interested??

Best Answer

I would never lie. EVER. It's a curse. Once you tell one, you're likely to tell at least ten more to cover it up. You can see where that's going.

Best Answer

live...

Best Answer

to truly live.. I like it!

Best Answer

I might kill someone. Also, dress as I like and finally get that tattoo I've wanted for ever. Walking around naked in public and swimming in a public fountain. Dance and sing whenever I feel like it (I'm good at neither xD) and have sex in public.

Best Answer

I think you should get that tattoo! maybe get it in a place where it cannot be seen by all?? Why not look at your little list and pick one!

Best Answer

be open and honest, lol.

Its so extremely rare not to be jugded and there are so ridiculous much drama involved if you are gonna simply be yourself in any sence. So my entire life would be extremely diffrent.

Best Answer

isn't it crazy when we think about this. I began thinking about high school age students who are trying to find themselves but who are at the mercy of the "cool" crowds... in today's world, being unique is sometimes taken for granted

Best Answer

Yupp, I had to quit school when I was 12 cause I dident fit in or was "diffrent". The world and its people will punish you if you dont follow the flock and act like a mindless sheep, lol. Its a shame, and sad really.

Best Answer

exactly. and then we wonder why people go on shooting sprees. I'm not suggesting that this is an exclusive factor, but aren't most of these shooters unaccepted by society? They don't fit into the norm that is presented and they feel this overwhelming pressure. This creates a strain within the individual and this translates, sometimes, to suicide. It is a sad trend...

Best Answer

Yeah wouldent suprise me if so. Society hates diffrence, hates what is unfamiliar. Wouldent be any weird if that hate got returned someday. People havent learned how to help either, often when they do even they cause more damage. Considring how messed up the world is its amazing that it dosent happend way more often.

Best Answer

Nothing. I've always done what I wanted regardless of being judged for it or not.

Best Answer

I hope you don't mind me copying and pasting something I wrote elsewhere..

Best Answer

Independent. I walk my own path.....

Best Answer

well, I wish I could be more like that!! It will likely lead to a more fulfilling life!

Best Answer

No regrets or missed opportunities.

Best Answer

I'd have about eight wives...

Best Answer

glutton for punishment? ;)

Best Answer

no just a glutton :D if there's no judgement, then they'd all get along ... in RL most of my exes don't get along very well with the wife, which is awkward at times because I'm still friends with all of them...

Best Answer

hmmm well did your earlier, past exes get along with the women you dated while you were still in the relationship?? I am wondering if the exes are simply jealous of whomever you are in a relationship with or if it is specifically your wife

Best Answer

lol it depends on each case. it's a complex of relationships and dueling insecurities. Ideally I'd like to be able to have them all in the same room without chaos ensuing, but practically speaking I fear it'll never happen until we're all just too old and tired to care...

Best Answer

Maybe try to have each person see the positive aspects of the other?? I dunno. Tough situation. But it says something about you to be able to be friends with your vexes! good luck with it! Getting them in the same room.. not the 8 wives part lol. Ahh hell maybe that too.

Best Answer

lol all I do is "toward the completion of The Great Work"... :P

Best Answer

be myself.

Best Answer

I might not do anything, I am the only one I worry about judging myself. Or maybe I would sky dive naked. Good question.......

Best Answer

Change the way i dress

Best Answer

this is exactly what I said! I live in a smaller town where I get looks when I dress how I want to. I love the tow.. in fact I moved back after my immediate family moved away. But this is something that increasingly bothers me

Best Answer

Thats there problem not yours. Wear what you want

Best Answer

I appreciate it. I try to do just that but I guess my confidence is not to the point where I don't think about how others might view me. Kind of stupid, huh?
Can I ask you what you meant about changing the way you dress?

Best Answer

I don't care how others judge me.....but I would have done loads of things different if I had know how badly I would judge myself

Best Answer

do you mind me asking what type of things you feel you missed out on bc you judge yourself??

Best Answer

It's the things I did that I regret.....the only things I have missed out on would be relationships ie not asking a few of the women out because I was too shy.

Best Answer

wow! I hear you. Some of my friends who are more successful in that area always say "there are so many of the opposite sex out there that it really doesn't matter if the person should turn you down." I guess it makes some sense, but for some reason I too fail to be aggressive enough when it comes to pursuing intimate relationships.
and as for things that you did that you regret, you ever try to go about setting things right?

Best Answer

My biggest regrets concern my deceased wife (normal grief type regrets) so no I can't put them right. Your friends are right and you will find your way in pursuing intimate relationships by concentrating on your strengths. At your age I was so lonely but within a few years I found my stride and haven't been without a women since (except after event previously mentioned). I met my wife at thirty. You are a good looking lad so don't worry about your looks.

Best Answer

I am very sorry to hear about your loss.. I can't even imagine that kind of pain. To be honest, that might be my greatest fear -> losing someone who I don't believe I could live without. I appreciate your openness. I am new to this site and am wow-ed by the sincerity shared by so many people. It's kind of sad that we can't be like this in the real world? Instead, there is sometimes an apathetic almost cold energy that is conveyed... Thank you

Best Answer

I might become a dark and evil prince.

Best Answer

Rape, murder, mayhem.

Best Answer