empireofthesun empireofthesun 26-30, F 9 Answers Dec 10, 2013 in Parenting & Family

if you're not comfortable with it.. tell your family to invite him to thier houses... then he doesn't ruin your christmas as well...

sorry.. *grins* i have one of those as well... and that's what i would do if the situation came up.

Best Answer

I'm definitely uncomfortable but I'm trying to stay hopeful.. Christmas din is at my house this year.. Unfortunately I got stuck in this decision .

Best Answer

why has he been estranged? he's family yow invite him over imagine if you where that person, realize that everyone ***** up and you'd also be thankful to get another chance ^^

Best Answer

Do, and have 911 on speed dial

Best Answer

Lol ... I might just take your advice

Best Answer

and don't let anything that happens or is said to get to you or anyone else.

Best Answer

Thank you ... I think I'm going to take the advice of stephaniebis also. She said a coffee date before the actual Christmas dinner .

Best Answer

I hadn't ever thought of that...damned good idea

Best Answer

I think I'd call him and ask if we could meet up for a coffee and sort it out. Then mention that the family would love to have him over for Christmas dinner.

Incidentally, he could accept OR refuse. It's his life too.

Best Answer

I think this is a good idea ....

Best Answer

He could, of course, say no to coffee as well, but if you don't ask him, he can't say either yes or no. (He may also be waiting for someone else to make the first move :o)

Best Answer

It's always like that... The bigger person always has to make the first move ... Thanks again

Best Answer

I would go and patch things up with him.

Best Answer

It's tough, cause he's manipulative, hot tempered and a mooch. I'm in limbo.

Best Answer

Then don't go.

Best Answer

It's at my house ... Lol

Best Answer

Then don't invite him

Best Answer

Invite him, what the hey. Live dangerously!

Best Answer

Can't give you advice without a lot more info, but it sounds like a good thing to do ...

Best Answer

He's like a on and off family member, only calls when he NEEDS . I hardly ever speak to him. Although he's family, he feels more like a stranger to me.

Best Answer