It would depend on why. If, God forbid, my partner ended up as a quadraplegic like Christopher Reeve, I would make do with ************ and stick by her. <br />
But if she just gave up on sex for some selfish reason or just withheld sex because of issues in the relationship, then that would be a very different situation. My idea in that case is either we confront and FIX the problems, or it's over and it's time to let the relationship go. I'd have a time period in mind, like say, 6 months, and that would also be partially ba<x>sed on her willingness to communicate, work on problems, and maybe see a counselor with me. If the cooperation was not there or just a lack of interest in improving the situation, it would be sayonara at that point. I've been there before and made a promise to myself that I won't ever put up with that again.

Best Answer

I don't think there's any fixing of the problem-I almost wish it was because of a physical issue.

Best Answer

Some physical issues can be fixed, or at least made better.
A non-physical issue you definitely have to work on, but of course it depends on the person wanting to get better and improve the situation. If they won't even acknowledge there's a problem, then I'd be packing my bags.

Best Answer

He lives in my house-insists on living life his way--prefers p0rn over me and it turns me completely off-so we are at an impasse. Every three months is an insult to me.

Best Answer

**** is no substitute for the real thing. That would be like preferring a protein shake, a handful of vitamins, and some Metamucil over eating a gourmet meal. If it were me, it would be over.

Best Answer

He says all men love p0rn--but he spends a fortune on cable sometimes 3 in a night--nothing sexy about a man sitting alone in the dark playing with himself--sad, because when we first met it was amazing-until he moved in and I discovered his 'habit'. I tried everything to compete-but at my age, I don't compare and it hurts me - and he knows it. I won't play second so I guess it's over.

Best Answer

It's not a question of competing. I look at it sometimes, too, but I like the ones that are in my own age group, LOL. But, like I said, the real mccoy beats being alone in the dark every time.
It sounds to me like he has a problem. I think p*rn is a lot like alcohol. Most people can have a glass of wine or beer with dinner and it's a non-issue. Others lose their job, lose their marriage, and even lose their life and maybe take someone else's over drinking. But, it comes down to the same thing. If my partner was an alcoholic, I'd tolerate it only if she got treatment and went into recovery. If she's just going to give in and fall into a bottle (or into a computer screen, in this case) then I'm not going to stick around and be an enabler.

Best Answer

I have come to realize that he is a sociopath--he fits 90% of the profile.

Best Answer

That can be unrelated to any addiction issues. To me, a sociopath has no regard for the feelings of other people. They are literally unable to empathize with others on any level, really. It doesn't necessarily have to make someone a criminal or serial killer, I think, but it does make them cold-hearted and "broken" inside.

Best Answer

He is unable to apologize for anything--compulsive liar--charming to others--cannot empathize with others pain--no guilt--takes dangerous risks--he is textbook

Best Answer

Pack my bags.

Best Answer

I have realized that before and the only thing you can do is wallow in self-pity or move on (of course I'm talking about breakups or divorce and not illness like certain cancers or Alzheimer's and such, then you stick with them as much as humanly possible).

Best Answer

Get the **** out! In my case that was correct. Too bad it took so long for me to do that.

Best Answer

Been there. It hurts, but its ok. As long as there is more to it than that. You survive. Of course, my situation was extreme.

Best Answer