Would your reaction differ based on gender/race/age/religion or marital/offender status?
ohemmgee ohemmgee 31-35, F 14 Answers Nov 7, 2012 in EP

Oh a screaming contest is it? Well alrighty then.......

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Best Answer

This in fact happened to me many years ago. I remember being awakened by hearing an argument. I thought I could just ignore it. Go back to sleep. This wasn't going to happen. I got out of bed to listen at a window to what was the sounds of a woman being beat on. I got my cell phone. I called 9-1-1 to report this. I walked outside and spoke to them. I was upset further to learn that this was in an upstairs apartment and there visable to me were two young men. The woman who I could hear was pleading for the man to stop. I imagined she was on the floor as I watched in horror his motions with his arm and his fist swinging into a hit towards the woman on the floor. That the other man did nothing to stop this man further prompted me to head to their door. I was fearless! I yelled up for him to leave her alone! I kicked the metal outside door, which presumably lead to a stairway to this apartment. Bang, bang, bang! Three strong kicks to this metal door sent them to the window. I let them see me. I wanted them to know I was a witness. I had come to the aid of this defenseless woman. Now, minutes later there was a loud bang but this time from the young man who's fist was making non-loving gestures to this poor woman's face. He had the unmitigated gaul to approach me. He spoke. What he said was pure evil. He said, "did you see him?" I said, knowing full well he is the guy he is speaking about, what guy? Now, the police were coming up the street. More than one squad car. I spoke to them right away. I told them what I had witnessed and that both men had fled the apartment. That the other man had stepped into a maroon colored van parked over there. Where the other man went I did not know. I went back home. Shaken. Proud but scared now that I could have set myself up as a target for violence by these two thugs if they sought revenge on me.

I was fortunate that never happened. I would later learn that this young woman had had a restraining order well a court-ordered one against her attacker. He, apparently, was her boyfriend. The cops said they were now going to get him and arrest him.

In the ensuing weeks I was confronted by this boyfriend's mother. What a class act. I remember thinking how odd to defend such behavior or rather acts of violence against another woman. Didn't she with the eyes of a woman? That she expected me to mind my own business was a lack of decency and common sense I did not subscribe to at any time in my life. That I further found it revolting that she condoned violence in any form. Against a woman who deserved it because she acted against her boyfriend's wishes? Wow this woman brought back that old attitude a woman is property mentality. What a piece of work. I would do it again. I am older now so I am careful about being public but I would still like to think I had the nerve to help a man, woman, child or someone's beloved pet for that matter.

Best Answer

That was bravery.

Best Answer

Thank you. It is amazing what adrenaline does for us.

Best Answer

So many people choose not to get involved. You intervening might have saved that woman's life. Thank you.

Best Answer

Call 911 for sure, grab a bat or knife and run over to help (I hope)

Best Answer

grab my cell, walk over and check out the situation.

Best Answer

Thank goodness.

Best Answer

Nothing.

he cut my hedge down.

Best Answer

Maybe the lawn people did it?

Best Answer

it depends on the reason why they scream... -_- people here scream just for fun

Best Answer

I would just call the cops. Besides, what they do in their own home is there business, not mine. I might just ignore it.

Best Answer

Laugh in delight!!!

Best Answer

If I heard, almost any one of them, I would check it out and see if I could help; but there is one, that if she started, I'd call security and let them deal with it. She has been arrested several times for assault, including assault on a police officer and once on an EMT. She is wacko. I'm afraid of her.

Best Answer

I'd be jealous.

Best Answer

I would only react different if it was - "OH GOD YES!"

Best Answer

i'd tell them to stfu

Best Answer