Well, if they only hinted I wouldn't do anything just yet. But try not to lead them on or anything. I wouldn't suggest doing anything like holding hands or cuddling or kissing them or being very flirty. If they come out and express that they are in love with you I would be honest about how you feel, but not harshly. Be very nice and make sure that they know that you still care about them a great deal and still want to be friends.<br />
And that leads me to another thing; I wouldn't suggest that you stop being close friends with them if they are in love with you, as it will hurt them quite a lot.<br />
You should -not- try to use their love for you to your advantage in any way. Do not do anything physical or romantic with them unless you love them(romantically). Even if it makes them happy temporarily, do not do it. It will cause them to be even more attached to you and in the long run, hurt them a lot more.<br />
There's so much to say on this I don't have the time to write it all out, haha. I hope this helped somewhat though.

Best Answer

What you just said is what I've basically been trying to do, but I've been thinking...if somebody truly loves you through and through, and has always been there for you, doesn't that person deserve a chance? and then again if you give them a chance, it may just not feel right, and you would end up hurting them more or ruin the friendship completely..soo that's where I'm stuck

Best Answer

Mmm... I would say that they do deserve a chance. But if the cost is too high it may not be worth the risk of hurting them and losing your friendship.
If it gets that far then I would suggest that you talk with them about it. Share how you both feel about it, ask their opinion of what they think should happen. Not what should happen based on their feelings, but what would be best for them, you, and your friendship/relationship/future/etc.
It doesn't seem like you would, but I wouldn't rush into anything. Make sure you take the time you need to think and talk about what you should do. Pray about it.
I don't mean to be discouraging, but I've been in this situation quite a few times, it's very tricky... From my experience though, most of the time if you don't already have some sort of feelings for them it doesn't usually last long.
I have seen it work out though.

Best Answer

Let him down easily, but directly. Don't leave any doubt that you don't return his feelings.

Best Answer

Tell them that they're a great friend, and that it's so nice to be able to just be friends like that, without sex getting in the way.

Best Answer

sleep with him and decide in the morning

Best Answer