youngonce youngonce 46-50, F 26 Answers Jan 7, 2010

OneTinyCog: You haven't a clue... and from your 0 experiences and 0 goals I can see you don't speak from experience. To tell a chronicly homeless person that it's all their own fault is cruel and nasty.

My answer is I lived in the woods. I tied some sheets of plastic (like a viscuine type of stuff) to the trees, and put some plastic foam I'd found on the ground and I made a little camp fire at night. There was a public "covenience" nearby so I could get a little wash, and toilet paper, and i could fill a bottle with water. Food, as always, came from the bins at the back of the local supermarket, though I had been doing that since I left home at 17. That is enough to stay alive.

I didn't tell my friends.

I didn't tell my family.

I was ashamed of my situation and always felt that I bothered people anyway. I can't ask for help.. never could. I think it may be related a bit to having depression, and some issues from my childhood... I dunno.

The council refused to help me get a place to stay because they said I'd made myself homeless "voluntarily" because I'd not resisted eviction but left when my landlord told me to.

..but then, another time when I did stay until the bailiffs evicted me, the council told me they couldn't help because I'd left owing money.. thoughh I wasn't under a contract to pay for the time I was there after my contract had ran out.. I found out it was just because the council rang my ex-landlord to ask if I was a "good tenant" lol. So of course he told them I owed him.. but for the time I was there waiting to get evicted, purely so I wouldn't count as "voluntarily homeless" again. :/ I did get a place in a hostel eventually.. though it was in another town many miles away from where my life was, so I had a long way to travel to see anyone.. otherwise I was just isolated.. in a strange town, alone, no one to talk to, no familiar faces.. and I had to go back to hide my stuff that I'd had to leave in my tent.. so eventually I got caught in a really bad summer storm and missed being in the hostel before the doors were locked at night, and they decided that for that reason I wasn't using the room enough and they chucked me out, and gave the place to someone more "needy", so then I was back to the tent. I spent that new year's eve in my tent, in a little wooded area, on some waste ground down by the river, with snow all around, freezing cold, utterly alone, crying into my sleeping bag. Mice found my tent by the smell off food and chewd their way in through the groundsheet and peed and shat on everything.. so my groundsheet leaked as well, and the whole tent and all it's contents started to stink of mouse ****. I started getting the problem with my circulation then.. my fingers and toes would turn white and the only way to get the blood back into them was to swing them to force the blood back in. I had to go out at night to find the food in the bins, so as to not disturb the staff at the supermarket, or alert thm to the fact that I was "stealing" the refuse. So I would sleep very late into the day, making it even harder to actually do anything.. but I had no choice about that. I had to get the food to stay alive in the very short term, long term tuff had to take second place to my immediate survival needs.

Homelessness is a lot easier if you're in the countryside, but near to a supermarket that you know has good accesible bins. It's a lot easier if you have a tent and a bicycle. I like to stick to the coast now. In summer it's actually okay... there are public conveiences that are open all day at some beaches and in some towns, so you can wash and get fresh drinking water. Supermarkets' bins in tourist towns are often overflowing with fresh just-out-of-date food and there's little competition from other homeless people. You can camp on a lot of beaches or in dunes etc, without anyone objecting, and without too much risk of being beaten or burned by drunk young men. You can fish too. Which is more of an entertainment than a way to get food, and it does help to keep your spirits up.

Best Answer

I am homeless now. I lived in my car for a few months, now it's too cold. I am now in a shelter. I should have seen this coming, but I was so depressed and was not paying attention to my own life. I gave up on life and myself. Never, ever do that. It makes everything worse. Make friends, have good people around you, so that when you fall down, someone can help you get up.

Best Answer

Go live in the park with all the other homeless people and get a dog XD

Best Answer

Make me a sign that says i work for food. what else?

Best Answer

I would work very hard to make it so that I would not remain homeless. Anyone can have tragedies happen that might leave then temporarily homeless. To stay homeless for a prolonged period of time is a choice. I would choose to work my way out of the situation.

Best Answer

I'd pray to God, thanking him for the bounty known as being alive and then start all over again. But I know that even if I only walked a mile a day, I'd find someplace a heck of a lot warmer to be homeless in than where I'm at now.

Best Answer

Go to the west coast..

It's freakin cold here! I couldn't sleep outside in 10 degree weather.

So I'd definitely go on that journey.

Best Answer

I guess it could happen. Anything can I happen. I don't like to think of tragic events that might happen, I would rather focus on the positive. I expect I would do the very best I could to not remain homeless for long.

Best Answer

I would be very very cold because there is a lot of snow on the ground right now.

Best Answer

Been there few times, id stay with a friend and speak to my local councel, try and get into a hostel, as a last resort, stay in a homeless shelter.

Best Answer

I would live here.

Best Answer

I'd live with my friend

Best Answer

Actually I may FIND myself there very soon. I guess I would have to list my race as BLACK on a Section 8 application and cross my fingers. I dont know about other areas of the nation, but HERE you get booted to the BOTTOM of the list if you're WHITE. Sad. And they say the WHITES are prejudice?!

Best Answer

I can't imagine such a scenario.

Best Answer

Cry a lot, then start over again

Best Answer

I'll go live with my nearest relatives.

Best Answer