Cats ARE predators!! they do what comes naturally!! If your cat was always killing( and eating) birds would you try to stop him? What if there were stray cats killing birds near your home? I actually find in very fascinating to watch cats hunt ,sneak up upon, and catch,kill and EAT the birds ( mostly pigeons and house sparrows) on my property!! Some may not want to see predators in action, but hey THAT IS NATURE!! It is really pretty cool to watch!!!!!! Just how many times have you watched predators such as lions or leopards hunt& kill their prey on nature and wildlife documentaries?!!!
sneakyfox sneakyfox 41-45, F 12 Answers Apr 8, 2011

Give the cat a ribbon for doing what it does best.Now if it catches a mouse in your house it deserves steak for dinner!LOL

Best Answer

if cat are stray ,then they need to survive on birds .. I love cats ..if u have birds keep them indoor ..

Best Answer

my cat used to do that all the time. but now she can't because my stupit little brother ran her over with the SUV!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i miss my cat so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

uh haven't you heard, the council of birds for civil rights has lobbied and congress approved a new law stating that cats can no longer kill birds for they have cat food and this being so it was agreed cats who kill birds are doing so out of hate and bigotry and it is now a hate crime for cats to kill birds, any cat found killing a bird must be euthanised and its family pay restitution to the birds for the next 500 years!

Best Answer

My cats are indoor cats. One time my cat Shiva found a mouse in my house and killed it though. I am glad he killed it because I would not have known what to do with it, and to let it go outside I could not have caught it, it was fast...I wanted to save it though because I thought it was a baby. If my cat killed and hunted all the time and was outdoors...I might feed it less, and take it to the vet to get shots more because I worry about the outside prey having diseases and being dirty. I would not appreciate dead animals everywhere so I would want my cat to eat what it killed and not kill senselessly. That's why I'd feed it less cat food if it killed its own food. There are tons of birds and squirrels outside so I don't worry about the cat reducing the population. Plus they are quick and if my cat can catch something so good at evading predators, it will be set for life if it ever has to fend for itself for real and we were separated. But I always worry about cleanliness, and safety, and health, my cats are indoor cats and that's why.

Best Answer

Stray cats have to eat, don't they? If the birds are wild, that's Nature...get used to it. Lions eat gazellles, too. If the birds are pets, why let them out of your care? <br />
My cat brought back a pigeon to wean her litter from breastmilk. The kittens fed on it.

Best Answer

YES, THAT IS WHAT IS NATURAL FOR THEM!!

Best Answer

Thats why I dont like cats. They hunt (which I accept is their nature) But they have no need to do it for food.

Best Answer

Some put a bell collar on the cat so it can't sneak up on the birds.

Best Answer

I'd keep the cat indoors! Hunting birds is one of the strongest instincts a cat has, and there's no way to remove that instinct. Cats are natural predators, birds are their prey, along with other small beings that are part of the food chain. Why not keep the birds and the cat safe by keeping the cat indoors??

Best Answer

BUT WHAT IF THEY ARE STRAYS?

Best Answer

I keep my cats indoors. And if cats kill birds in my yard they get chased. And few come back. I make quite an impression on them when I light out after them.

Best Answer