I was asked my age during one of the interviews and couldnt believe my ears. How is age relevant to the job I'd be doing?! I mean, if you think about it, if they ask for age that means they're going to use that information to make their desicion, and age should never be the factor in a desicion.
BiyaBeyondBlue BiyaBeyondBlue 26-30 14 Answers Nov 18, 2011

I have never been asked my age during an interview. I think it may be against some kind of discrimination law

Best Answer

I'd answer. If I didn't get the job, I might make a federal case out of the incident.

Best Answer

why would he/she ask you for your age when you have already submitted your date of birth on your job application form, you have already submitted that info :)

Best Answer

Ive never seen a job application form asking for date of birth, that'd be illegal

Best Answer

To show my self-assurance, confidence and honesty, I would just answer them with a smile. COnfidence can chance one's opinion on whatever your answer is, show them you seem capable.

Best Answer

it's illegal, but there's nothing you can do about it so you might as well tell them the truth you can general tell if you look at the dates on people resumes if you're even a little intelligent. so at least you know that this is the sort of company that doesn't worry about following the rules and that your interviewer isn't that bright. Should make it easier to convince them to give you the job, then.

Best Answer

Where I come from it is illegal to ask the actual age of a person because it can be discriminating against them. What they can ask however, is if the person is at least 16 years of age or older which is the youngest age legally able to joing the workforce for pay.

Best Answer

Considering that this question is illegal in the US, I would respond by stating that my age is irrelevant to the position buy my experience in this XYZ area is and then explain how it coincides with the job. The only time that age can be asked is if the job has a pre-requisite of someone over or under a certain age, such as tending bar or working with heavy equipment. Then age is relevant, otherwise it is illegal. Good luck!

Best Answer

It would depend on the type of job that I was being interviewed for. Some people are just too old for some types of work and just seeing them should normally give an interviewer an idea of age.

Best Answer

Interview is not a date, I will tell the truth :)

Best Answer

probably thinks ya look young for yur experience........for me?.....i know it would be an age discrimation issue ;-P

Best Answer

they can go check references if they dont believe in my experience and that i might be too young, but age is totally irrelevant for this job

Best Answer

standard procedure..why would i think anything. i'm either wanted or not..if age plays a major issue..there's not much i can do..i am what i am.

Best Answer

It wouldnt bother me to tell them.

Best Answer