I met someone who said intelligence is knowing a lot about one subject, and knowing a little bit about a lot of other things. I was never able to have interesting conversations with this person because I thought he had a really shallow view on intelligence. He would ask me about banks as if thats something smart people talk about lol, and I know nothing about banks. I don't think that intelligence has much to do with knowledge. Like, someone can have a good degree and a good job and still be a total idiot.
untetheredsoul untetheredsoul 22-25, F 12 Answers Feb 25 in Health

Agree with that 100%

Best Answer

1<br />
a (1) : the ability to learn or understand or to deal with new or trying situations : reason; also : the skilled use of reason (2) : the ability to apply knowledge to manipulate one's environment or to think abstractly as measured by ob<x>jective criteria (as tests)

Best Answer

IF you need a definition a dictionary is your friend :)

Best Answer

intelligence is not just one fold; intelligence can be academical, emotional, spiritual, mental, scientific, professional. you can't determine IQ by one simple factor.

Best Answer

I mean in general

Best Answer

i agree my umm.. friend is super smart he can just do just about anything but hes also a raging alcoholic whats that they say stupid is as stupid does

Best Answer

I think intelligence is almost always paired with knowledge. But it depends on what type of intelligence you're talking about and it sounds like you're referring to social intelligence?

Best Answer

What could you do with just knowing a lot of facts though, thats what I mean. I think intelligence is being able to go deeper.

Best Answer

Knowledge isn't just "knowing" things and memorizing facts. It's also about skill and understanding. :)

Best Answer

yeah you're right

Best Answer

i would say the system in which education is implemented must change from " money mode " to " wisdom mode" ..it's that simple...once you know you have a need or purpose to acquire knowledge is more than a mere desire..that's when you walk forward to intelligence..

Best Answer

that is sooooo true, totally agree.

Best Answer

Don't confuse a good memory with intelligence,,lots of people do.

Best Answer

he sure did , lol. it was so hard to talk to him because of it.

Best Answer

Intelligence is the except form of brainwashing for the time period.

Best Answer

what do you mean

Best Answer
Best Answer

What planet do you live on.

Best Answer

It has nothing to do with facts...and logic alone doesn't cut it.....computers have lots of each and are not intelligent. Intelligence is the ability to understand things. To look at things and form your own judgements on them. To be able to figure out why. To be interested in asking why. To be creative.

Best Answer

yes I completely agree with that. you can have a knowledge about something, but it doesnt mean you truly understand it. I think its important to also be able to take in other perspectives and look at it from different viewpoints. To be interested in asking why, thats exactly it lol.

Best Answer

I also agree about the importance of taking on different perspectives. Perspective is a major part of intelligence, but it is hardly brought up when someone talks about intelligence.

Best Answer

yeah I feel like some also assumes rich people for example are more intelligent than the poor.

Best Answer

i don't know,, its always eluded me

Best Answer

That would be described as merely taking an interest in certain subjects. it's not because you don't know about 1 thing a lot or a lot of things a little bit, that you are intelligent. I'm guessing that would rather be having a good memory lol.

Best Answer

haha yeah I think so too

Best Answer

Yes indeed, which is why I don't consider having a good memory always indicates a persons' intelligence =D
If I had to describe intelligence, I'd say it's the ability to apply a theory to solve problems =) Whether those are difficult calculations or simply things you need to obtain to get by , ... doesn't really matter. It requires a certain insight that not everyone has as much. What do you think?

Best Answer

Awh I'm sure you're better than you think ;p
Hahah a dictionary definition? Charming =p

Best Answer