TheCoitalQueen TheCoitalQueen 31-35, F 14 Answers Aug 28 in Community

Digging a hole in my yard. It is amazingly hard to do.

Best Answer

That will work your core

Best Answer

It actually causes my back to hurt. It's all hard clay and rocks.

Best Answer

When you are bent over - bend at the waist and stand as if you have a ducks ***.

Trust me I have learnt this technique from physio. It reduces back strain

Best Answer

It's hard to explain without showing you :/ that's the near way to describe it lol

Best Answer

I generally don't bend. I have to stick the shovel tip into the soil and then jump on it to drive it in an inch. This is REALLY hard soil. You can't dig it in a normal way. It almost requires a pick ax.

Best Answer

Hmmmm be careful with the back ... Maybe ask a physio? If this is going to be a regular occurrence.

When you are done for the day ... Stand against the wall... Then slide down in a sitting position ( perpendicular ) hold yourself there for aslong as possible...

This strengthens your back ... Also your whole lower body.

I take it you are in good health if you are able to participate in this hard graft?

Best Answer

I went out yesterday to plant a small shrub, and I ended up getting down about four inches before I felt that little twinge. I have learned that I need to stop when that happens. Sometimes I can simply use my arm to slam the blade into the soil, but the going is quite slow. So I'll dig maybe an inch a day or so. lol I think I am actually going to hire a lawn crew. I have RA with fibro, and now it seems to be in my back a bit. I have had the first significant problems with my back in the last month or so, because I was caring for a loved one who was bedridden and had to be carried now and then. I am hoping that I will do better if I'm careful. It is hard not being able to rely on my body as I always have. I'm sure some of it is age creeping up on me. It is frustrating because the yard needs a LOT of work. :)

Best Answer

Listen to your body ;) what a busy person you are

Best Answer

I wear the pants in my house. lol I am finding aging to be very inconvenient.

Best Answer

it is hard work concentrating on your own life and actually doing something to improve it; the coward's way is to tear down everyone else and never look yourself squarely in the eyes

Best Answer

Putting up with 7 sister's growing up

Best Answer

Construction

Best Answer

You brits are so cute! "Physio", indeed. Try duck walking down a 4' dia drainage pipe (1.5 meters) for 100 ft. (30 meters). Your tools are a 4lb (2 kilo) sledge, a bucket and a miners lamp. You have to break off a meter of concrete pipe. After that, a bolt cutter comes into play. It's a blast!:-)

Best Answer

We are health and safety mad :)

Best Answer

That's not mad, darling just good common sense.:-)

Best Answer

Best Answer

Best Answer

Digging a dirtch by hand

Best Answer

perfecting one's self. it's the work of a lifetime

Best Answer

Erection.....Lol....!!!

Best Answer

Sometimes just getting up in the morning is the hardest effort of the day. Ususally it is dealing with people who refuse to think outside their own realm of experiences. It is an effort to communicate.

Best Answer

This place sometimes

Best Answer

to find a mean dominant controlling lady

Best Answer

toil

Best Answer