roots2life roots2life 46-50, M 24 Answers Dec 5, 2012 in Loss to Suicide

Sometimes you don't have to say anything, just be present.

Best Answer

just go hang out with them. express sympathy, and let them know you'd like to just stay with them. make sure they're eating and drinking water -- maybe you cook some food for them. volunteer to answer the phone, screen calls, etc.

Best Answer

I wouldn't say anything, I would listen.

Best Answer

phone them, & tell them you are coming over to make sure they are ok. then just ask them if they are ok, & how they are feeling...& from then on, mostly just listen. but while they are talking, try hard to see what it would be like to be in their position, & really try to understand what they are feeling (even though, it is probably almost impossible), so you can offer a few lines of support. but the most important thing is to just be there, & ask & offer ways you can help. <br />
if they are living by themselves, perhaps suggest to stay with them (or them to stay with you) for a little while. or (if they aren't comfortable with that) just make sure you pop in & check up on them/phone them from time to time. <br />
basically, the most important thing to do is: let them know you are there for them, & let them know that you care. they probably won't be the one's making contact with you, so even though they are not reciprocating, keep at it. when they are over their grief they will appreciate it, & they will probably just feel better knowing that they have such a good friend who they can turn to.

Best Answer

Nothing. Just pay your respects.

Best Answer

absolutely nothing, just listen and be there...

Best Answer

What size was he ?

Best Answer

I'd just say "I'm so sorry" and wait for them. be brave if the silence continues for what seems too long

Best Answer

sorry for your loss...

Best Answer

direct him to Love & Light while you Love and miss him. (what I did)

Best Answer

Feel the pain of losing his brother, as if he was your brother.

Best Answer

tell them your thre to talk when they need you and believe me they will

Best Answer

say you're sorry. perhaps ask if there's anything they need a hand with.

Best Answer

that would depend on the circumstances. Nothing ever said will ever east the pain of loss. I know ive been there my brother did the same thing.

Best Answer

It is not your fault , :(

Best Answer

Suicide is a tragedy, suggest reading these books as a start to healing----To Heaven and Back, by Dr Mary Neal, ----Proof of Heaven, by Dr Ebner Alexander, and ----The Miracle of Fatima, the story of 3 children in Portugal during WW1. It will give understanding and another powerful gift ---is to Pray the Rosary.

Best Answer