CalypsoChisisi CalypsoChisisi 18-21, F 11 Answers Dec 11, 2012 in Parenting & Family

Both parents living at home : ( Sadly not to be for them either, but such is life. More common now so less judgement but hated being from a single parent family growing up.

Best Answer

For us (parents) to become the childs friends more than parents eventually. People who the child feels comfortable to come and share with.

Best Answer

With all due respect to my friend, I disagree. I think that too many parents try to be their kids' friends too much. You can be a trusted advisor-Mother or Father once they are adults, and have a friendly relationship, but it is much different, and I think a lot of parents miss that. I have that with my kids, and their buddies who didn't have more strict parents, don't.

Best Answer

@bfinally ....... When I say friends, I do not mean hanging out together, doing the same things, dont go too much on the literal meaning of the word friend I have used.... I meant what you call as advisors, just calling it friends, because it removes the element of discipline, and the children able to talk freely as they would with their friends. I am no parent, but I wish I had this relation with my parents where I could just go to them and talk freely. Thank you for your input.

Best Answer

I agree @angelicsmiles. There still needs to be a parent./child order so they know who is in charge, but then to befriend your child i agree is the best thing a parent can do. Not to the extent where they can do what they want but just enough so they feel they can confide in them in the same way they could with their best friend. Being able to communicate with my parents about things in my life is not easy as many topics can be awkward to talk about in a parent child relationship, so to have that I understand why it would be amazing.

Best Answer

@calypsochisisi..... exactly. I would give a lot to have had that kind of relation with my parents especially when there were so many hurdles in life as they come inevitably, and I would try my best to give this environment to any child I have.

Best Answer

Genuine care and affection, Lots of hugs and praise/encouragement

Knowing that I love them for them and appreciate them as they are

Supporting them and listening when they need me and hopefully doing so in a non-judgemental way.

Never make them feel like they are inadequate, a disappointment or that they would question my love for them.

Best Answer

A dictatorship :)

Best Answer

there own bedroom

Best Answer

loving siblings!

Best Answer

peace and quiet

Best Answer