The name of her neighbor's dogs name is Dixxi. When she was a puppy the brought her inside all the time,now they NEVER bring her inside. Me and my friend would walk her and feed her. But her neighbors won't let us anymore. They had the animal patrol on them and they gave them a warning and that was the only time they brough her inside. She's in a little kennal with a dog house,they never feed her,give her water or even clean out her kennal or walk her after that notice. They took outside and she hasn't been inside since then. Even in the WORST storms like tornadoe warning,flood warning, hail,rain, and snow. They never brought her inside. Its soooo sad. I'm going to have my parents call the animal patrol again because that dog doesn't deserve to live like that. Why don't you guys tell me your opinions? I for one; think this is very cruel. So my stepdad will call the animal patrol to give them another notice or hopefully the dog gets to a non-kill shelter. But what's your guys
SweetLikeMeh SweetLikeMeh 13-15, F 9 Answers Dec 13, 2012 in Community

I think you have chosen a very accurate name,and love and thank you for being a proper human being :)

Best Answer

Thank you

Best Answer

It is not my dog though. It is my friends neighbors dog.

Best Answer

Thats why its even more admirable.We have a duty to other creatures to speak when they cant,as you have :)

Best Answer

Thank you for the BA SLM :)

Best Answer

Sounds like they started using drugs maybe methamphetamine from the look of it.

Best Answer

I will do anything to save an animal.

I had trouble with my neighbors 2 years ago. They had 2 short-haired dogs that were kept outside on chains in the freezing rainy winter, with barely any food or shelter. I had to call the animal patrol on them 7 times before they finally came out and gave the people a warning. I didn't give up until the dogs were removed from the property.

Now those same neighbors have a German Pointer they keep chained outside as well, with very little care. I decided to take a different approach this time. I baked cupcakes, went over, introduced myself, gave the cupcakes as a gift, and asked sweetly if I could walk their dog every day. They said yes (thankfully), so now I walk over every day and feed her, give her clean water, insulate her doghouse with straw in winter, and we walk for an hour a day. If I don't feel like walking, I go over and at least play with her for about an hour.

She has become the highlight of my day, and I know I am hers, as well. Do what you can for that poor dog, even if it means making yourself a nuisance. Just remember- no act of kindness is ever wasted.

Best Answer

Call animal patrol, not once or twice, but keep on it until somethings done and you see improvements. God forbid, should anything happen to the dog, you dont want to look back in regret that you could have done more to help.

Best Answer

I am trying my best as I am only 13 thats why my parents are going to call animal patrol

Best Answer

Well done :-D keep trying

Best Answer

You can call anonymously and dont' have to state your age.

Best Answer

That the dog needs rescuing.

Best Answer

Yes. I know. They also have children, but they should still put her inside.
Just watch her inside around the children

Best Answer

Dogs love children when properly socialized.

Best Answer

Yes, but the wife is scared of the dog.
So that's why shes always outside and never gets attention anyone but me and my friend .
Its sad. You can now see her tail bone. :( the animal patrol hasn't done anything. Going to call more times tomorrow.

Best Answer

Call animal patrol daily until they do something.

Best Answer

You may be that dogs only chance at a life and something has to be done about it.

Best Answer

Seems typical. Sometimes dogs are outdoor dogs and some are indoor. I grew up as a kid with a basset hound as the family dog, he was always outside. That's like people these days getting upset at the idea of letting a house cat be an outdoor/indoor cat.

Best Answer

Dogs are social animals and require attention and time with the family they belong to (they think of their families as their 'pack'). To isolate a dog away from its pack is neglect and emotional abuse.

Best Answer

She always barks when she's outside.. when she sees me and my friend she jumps. She is also very boney. You can see her tail bone.
I bet she WOULD LOVE to go inside. She isn't the type of dog that likes to be outside every single day.

Best Answer

It's fine to keep an animal outside as long as it has adequate shelter, food, water, exercise, & "social time," but contrary to what a lot of people seem to think, a pet cannot simply "get used to" crappy living conditions.

Best Answer

they pay no attention to her.

Best Answer

You're right, SpiritOfTheRabbit, I agree. Outside dogs aren't always neglected.

Best Answer

I'm sure she does SweetLikeMeh. I just answered the question you asked.

Best Answer

I agree with you completely, QueenIzabella.

Best Answer

My dog was male, we paid plenty of attention to the dog.

Best Answer

No, they never go outside to see her.. They dont go to the back yard where she is .

Best Answer

I said he's a male, not a female. Yes, he got plenty of attention.

Best Answer