It was replaced by tweets

Best Answer

bullshit. - those who did morse, certainly not stopped because of twitter. they rather stopped because commercial telegraphy ended in the 1995 or so. Ever since ham radio operators continue using it, as it gets through all the disturbances like a laser through a swiss cheese - it uses the smallest possible bandwidht, and requires the least technical effort in terms of hardware/cost. So still today, its the most reliable means of communication when **** hits the fan, or when you want to reach someone in not so well internet covered regions.
Morse operators have always been, and will always be a small elite group of people who could be arsed to invest 2 weeks of intense training - there is no change to be expected. I will still be there using code on radiowaves, when your twitter has been replaced by something else.

Best Answer

Ham radio fantatics still use morse code; to them it's a bit like still using pen and paper when compared to a couputer which shrugs the need (for most) to use it any more. I think it's still taught in aviation though, even though it doesn't have much practical use, which is like learning hand-signals in a car; chances are you might never use them, but some still do.<br />
~F~

Best Answer

It was usurped by male breast feeding

Best Answer

Best Answer

... aye some still do. I am a IT-consultant, and my shack is full with server machinery and internet gear. Yet i still use morsecode, i also use radio-teletype and digital modes where the compurters are attached to the radio. However, morsecode gets the farthest, and foremost - it crosses language barriers - because in morse-"code"- we use abbreviations that are language-independant.
That is how i am able to talk to a russian or chines - and you are not, unless you enjoy the error prone, slow, google translation. I am confident i can chat faster, with less errors around the world - and i dont even need to pay a thought to translation issues. morse-operation is so much more than you think it is.

Best Answer

.... .., .... _ _ _ ._ _ ._ ._. . _._ _ _ _ _ .._?

Best Answer

It's obsolete. I don't think the Boy Scouts even learn it any more.

Best Answer

MB20♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭ ♮ ♯

Best Answer

.. - .. ... ... - .. .-.. .-.. .- .-. --- ..- -. -.. .-.-.-

Best Answer

evolved into emoticons

Best Answer