honey624 honey624 56-60, M 9 Answers Jul 17, 2010

Jay Silverheels. I always liked him the best. He was a Mohawk from Brantford Ontario. Unfortunately, he was so identified with the role of Tonto that he was typecast. He also raised horses and was a salesperson. He wrote poetry and appeared on TV to recite it. His father was a famous Mohawk chief who was also a military officer.<br />
Classy man.

Best Answer

They are alive and well in my childhood memories.

Best Answer

Its amazing he didn't end up with brain damage from all those times I sent him into town and he got the snot kicked out of him.<br />
But he lived a full life playing indians in TV and movies, including a cameo in "True Grit". He died in 1980 and his remains were returned to his tradional home in Canada.

Best Answer

After a movie career that went from 1937 to 1974, Jay Silverheels (born Harold J. Smith) died in 1980.

Best Answer

Oh I found this out along time ago as the term Kemo-Sabe means more than jus trusted friend , In one of the indian tribes of arizona the first word Kemo translates to " He who knows Nothing" and the last word Sabe is to unclean of a word to post as it is very brown and dirty , now with other indian tribes the first word translates the "Chicken" so if you combine the two you will soon understand the true meaning of Chicken-Sabe , for those who are in dought the trivia is all over the web .

Best Answer

Tonto died of lung cancer, the ranger isn't alone anymore because he got pinned down by some broad and had a couple bratty kids and recently discovered that he has a tumor in his brain.

Best Answer