simplysmiles simplysmiles 16-17 8 Answers Jul 21, 2012

Depends on your age and height, but 1100 kcal per day is pretty alright.

As an exercise, walking is the most appropriate.

Best Answer

Fruit on a empty stomach before a meal. Healthy breakfast with high fibre. When you do work out, try and stick to the same time each day. So if you start working out in the evening, try and stick to that. Don't sleep right after eating, have dinner a few hours before bed time. If you are really serious about this then check out the 'insanity' videos. They do a lot of cardio and resistance work outs using just your body, but its really hard.

Best Answer

Thank you for the food ideas, I've actually thought of getting insanity before, I just feel like I should get in shape first at least some before I go that extreme if that makes since.

Best Answer

yea sure. I dont know how heavy you are but you do lose lots of weight even if you are a rookie at it. Its not about keeping up with the guys in the video, you do what you can and you take the breaks you need and you try and finish it. When I first started doing it, it was pretty demoralising, being soo unfit compared to the guys doing it on the video. But after a while you start to see the difference. Trust me..the rewards are huge.

Best Answer

Well thank you for that I certainly may get it then once I get the money to. I just know I need to do something.

Best Answer

money? lol.. psst.. download it ;) its free..

Best Answer

normally eating 3 meals every day. But no snacks in between meals, if you are really hungry between meals, just eat a fruit or nuts. Sleeping early will help and exercising atleast once every week, dancing also involved.

Best Answer

You wouldn't suggest six small meals then?

Best Answer

I do Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga. You'll notice changes in your body after 2-3 weeks. AS time goes by you begin to love your body and will naturally seek a suitable diet. It's very balanced and an intense workout.

Best Answer

Your best 'diet' plan is the standard food pyramid as set out by our governments. It's properly balance and, probably, allows way more food than you think. I don't know the American version, but the Canadian site is;

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/fn-an/food-guide-aliment/index-eng.php

The key is eating a balanced diet. Proteins, carbs and fats have a synergy going and as soon as you disrupt the synergy they no longer work as they should.

As for exercise; be careful which you do. If you have considerable excess weight a weight bearing exercise, like running, could really damage your joints. The best exercise that uses ALL of your muscles (from your neck to your feet, including your heart and lungs) is swimming, and there isn't any pressure from weight on your joints. Lane swimming, at your own pace, is awesome and you'll soon find you'll be challenging yourself like, "let's see if I can do 2 more lanes" or "let me see how much speed I can put into this last lane". Water aerobics can be pretty effective too, especially if the instructor incorporates resistance tools.

Hope this helps

Best Answer

Thank you much, it helps a lot, I just wish I had somewhere to swim.

Best Answer