Nimbus007 Nimbus007 46-50, M 22 Answers Apr 15 in Community

If they hurt or threaten my children

Best Answer

Sorry I do not like guns at all

Best Answer

They might be an intruder hiding in your bathroom. Just might be.

Best Answer

They are trying to do me or my loved ones harm.

Best Answer

When they break into your home that's a good reason for me. Someone who does that don't mind raping children or women, killing people, torturing or stealing their heirlooms & other valuables.

Best Answer

If they're pointing a gun at you?

Best Answer

Only if they are threatening someone else's life.

Best Answer

What about yours?

Best Answer

I meant someone besides themselves, which would include me.

Best Answer

Anglo/American translations eh! :)

Best Answer

It's OK, you're learning. :)

Best Answer

He is a bit slow - lol

Best Answer

Heyyy, it's weird American talk!

Best Answer

It's all that crummy food he eats, clogs the arteries. :P

Best Answer

Plus P0RNHUB

Best Answer

Ugh, yes, that stuff rots the mind.

Best Answer

heehee! ;)

Best Answer

The only good reason to point a gun at someone is if you intend on putting a bullet in them.

Best Answer

Only point a gun at things you wouldn't mind shooting. <br />
If they are a credible threat to you and yours. That's just about it.

Best Answer

If they give you a funny look.

Best Answer

When you want to eliminate the cowardice of relying on calling someone else to protect your sh1t.

Best Answer

Calling for help isn't always cowardly.I got two questions. Can you protect yourself against EVERYONE? And what do think police are for? Sure I'm not the bravest grape in the bunch. But if someone wants to steal my sh*t because they know that they can kick my ***, isn't that a form of cowardice in the other guy? Some so-called brave people only pick on people when they know they can win. How brave is that?

Best Answer

Here are your two answers:

1. Why would one ever feel the need to protect oneself from "everyone"? Only people who live in perpetual fear have this need. I love people and my experience in life too much to rip myself off by feeling that type of fear. At the same time, I realize that not everyone feels the way that I do. Many people do live in fear and you are correct, the ones who try to intimidate others to assert their status as Bigger Apes, aren't showing any courage at all but cowardice. But that's their problem. If they make it mine to the point where my life and basic needs are in danger, I will attempt to eliminate the problem and could do so effectively with a gun. If they are trying to steal what I have, this isn't necessarily cowardice but could be resourcefulness and while I respect that, it still isn't my issue, which is only to insure my survival when threatened. Their issues are their issues, and that's their business, not mine.

2. Police are for one thing only: to perpetuate the very type of fear that causes society to divide itself into the very type of dysfunctional people that I described in Answer 1. In fact, it is a job requirement for them to actually be one of those types of people. To me, they are useless at best and much more dangerous than the average civilian at worst.

Best Answer

Detroit's mayor announced that police usually can't arrive in time to help in emergency situations and he asked that citizens protect themselves.

Best Answer

OK. I hear what you're saying. A gun used be known as an"equalizer". My dad was tough and mean and proved (not that I asked him to) that he was no coward. But he always told me, no matter how big or tough you are there's will always come along someone who is bigger or tougher. And he was not a big guy. Thus in his sixties he owned a gun and kept it strictly in his house.
And that's what I meant when I said "EVERYONE. it's a crazy world out there. My point is that everyone needs help sometimes, at some point in their lives. There has always been good cops and there has always been bad cops. Just like almost and profession. I get tired of hearing people lump all policemen into one category. How many police have died trying to protect someones life? There's many examples of that. Here's one: When someone hears gunshots or their is a dangerous person around people will run away,or walk into their house to get away from the danger. Not cowardly but prudently. But cops will run TOWARDS the danger. That says something for them. And this was illustrated vividly on 9-11. I don't believe in the way you stated that cops "Are for one thing........Answer 1, ....types of people". You make it sound like this is EXACTLY what they are taught as rookies. While there is truth to your point, you make it sound like instructors tell rookies, " OK, we want you to perpetuate fear" They try to scare bad guys but in most cases they show remarkable restraint. They need to scare people. People are trying to scare or intimidate them. They don't deliberately scare children, honest citizens, the elderly, etc. But the people who protect us sometimes need to intimidate bad guys. Or, today's lesson: how to be dysfunctional". I'm speaking satirically. And maybe I didn't get your statements about police correctly and I'm arguing semantics. Probably your worst argument is saying that cops are useless. Maybe you heard this semi-comedic phrase: "If you don't like cops, then the next time three criminals with guns are breaking into your house call the cashier down at the 7-11 to come and help you instead and see what he does for you".

Best Answer

Slight correction: police don't seek to protect life. They seek to control it. To preserve the unpreservable at the expense of killing the killable. Their only authority? The gun. Cops run towards danger only because of 3 things: their guns, the sense of power it gives them and a paycheck. Take those three things away and they have nothing that no one else has. But they do have one more thing: the feeling that they have a right to take human life not based on personal safety, but a sense of what constitutes a worthy life and what constitutes and unworthy one. There is no "bad cop" "good cop" in the same vein as there is no "bad poison" "good medicine". What is a savior for one life is an assassin to another. No one ever benefited from fear, but millions suffer from it, and the police officer is simply a mechanized robot who symbolizes that fear. Law is nothing without his/her obedient finger on a trigger, responsive to not human dignity but a law written in a book. The fear they sell is indeed deliberate, for they all need to retain their jobs and sense of righteousness. More important than seeing past the illusion of "bad cop/good cop" is the realization that there are no "bad humans". People do what they do for a reason, whether it is pratical and survival-oriented or abstract and pathological. I don't fear death, nor do I fear cops. Both are products of human ignorance. Contrary to your belief, police do not kill those who would kill. A human being who never threatened anyone and yet refused to be taken into custody for violating some insane "moral" of society could and would be killed simply by protecting himself by being essentially kidnapped by "the law". All police officers, no matter what their blind intentions or ignorance, are licensed potential assassins, authoritarians of the worst degree and can differ from the worst serial murderer only by the lack of having their own convictions.

Best Answer

Getting stabbed ...<br />
Don't bring a knife to a gun fight .<br />
Cheesy I know .

Best Answer

I've found that pointing a gun at someone is a good way to get them to quit shooting at me and my kids and leave. Just my own experience, though.

Best Answer

I concur with your viewpoint.

Best Answer

Only in self defense. I took a Gun Safety course last week and if there had been bullets in the thing I'd have killed half the room

Best Answer

If they are American, you need too, before they point one at you. Gun crazy idiots they are. Yeehaw. :D

Best Answer

But, you are already dead...
I am American and I don't own a gun.

Best Answer

Yes I am :)

Best Answer

It's circa 1860 and they're cheating at cards

Best Answer

Don't need an answer to " Are you going to be cool with this?"

Best Answer

If they point one at me or someone innocent.

Best Answer

Because, I have a gun :)

Best Answer

only if that person needs to be killed.

Best Answer