Questionator Questionator 26-30 70 Answers Oct 3, 2011

Question of the Day

If you're going to wear plastic, it should be a clean, unused garbage bag.

Top Answer #2
Best Answer

"Never a lender nor a borrower be"....after college I became a loans officer at a bank.

Top Answer #1
Best Answer

my rule is I ain't not gonna say no negative words like this never again!

Best Answer

"No reading at night". I would sneak flashlights into my bed at night and read until early hours of the morning every night and my mom eventually started threatening to ground me from my books, hehe

Top Answer #3
Best Answer

We had that as well, don't think it's that unusual.

Best Answer

If I complained about something, I had to go into a closet, shut the door, voice my complaint very quietly, and not emerge from the closet until I was done complaining.

Also, couldn't leave any food on the plate even if I was full, because there were "starving children in China".

Best Answer

My family had the same rule about food and had never heard the phrase "portion control" either...I was 35 lbs overweight when I went off to college.

Best Answer

mines was starving kids in africa

Best Answer

My starving children were in India!!!

Best Answer

I think I will use that one on my son... he whines and complains SOOOO much that it makes me want to rip my hair out.

Best Answer

Step father gave me a box full of playboy an other magazines, told me it was the best way to learn about sex, and to not go blind... He was wrong there were far better ways to learn ;-)

Now where are my reading glasses?

Best Answer

Well, my dad will say, " do not touch your mom that way because she is my wife and if u get married and i come closer to your wife u can slap me". well am waiting for that day.

Best Answer

LOL.

Best Answer

Don't speak unless you're spoken to. They still believe that today. I'm such a rule breaker.

Best Answer

I think that rule is ingrained into my psyche, and it gets me in more trouble than good :( People think I'm rude!

Best Answer

I was told that as well. And i still think Children of today should be taught that. They wouldn't such big brats if they knew their place.

Best Answer

I don't agree redflame. Respect for elders is important yet I don't agree that one must disrespect in order to receive respect, that just doesn't make sense to me.

Best Answer

"No mustard when Great Grandpa is here." In WWI he had been attacked with mustard gas, and for the rest of his life the smell of mustard completely freaked him out. So whenever he attended a family get-together we could only have mayonnaise on our sandwiches and ketchup on our hotdogs. Not good for me, the mustard-lover of the family.

Best Answer

I was never aloud to have friends. My parents used to say they would turn on me and my siblings. Although i DID end up having friends, many actually. I would never be able to go over to a friends house.. well because i wasn't aloud to have them.

Best Answer

"There are only two things that are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the Universe." - Einstein.
Your parents should have been required to attend parenting classes.

Best Answer

my brother, sister, and i would go outside and play we were not allowed back into the house no matter how hot it was or thirsty until 3:00 pm and then were not allowed back outside after we came back inside after 3:00 pm

Best Answer

i hated it my parents reason for it was we dont want you running in and out of the house all day letting the air or heat out i think they just like the fact that they had the power to do so cause they were the parents

Best Answer

I have a brother a year-and-a-half younger than me. We were allowed to earn our allowances, I was paid a penny for sweeping the kitchen floor and a penny for taking out the trash each day (my brother fed the dog twice a day) so we each had a grand total of 14 cents a week assuming perfect performance. $7.30 for the year. Our Dad forced us to join Cub Scouts and then Boy Scouts. After considerable badgering and bullying he finally got us to earn our First Class scout rankings. When we failed to earn merit badges he cut off our allowances and then our desserts. "Who am I doing this for!?" We knew what the "proper" answer was and gave it to him. If we had told him the truthful answer it would have been "disrespectful" and entailed some sort of Draconian penalty.

When we were old enough, we got jobs whenever we could, and then found we had to turn over most of what we made to our parents for them to put into college savings accounts for us. Funny, after a few repetitions of this, we lost interest in finding jobs. When our grandparents (Dad's parents) sent us a check for twenty-five dollars on our respective birthdays, we never saw a penny of it, it went straight into the same accounts. When I got money among my Bar Mitzvah gifts, same story.

But they felt it was OK that we never had money. After all, we were too dumb to know how to handle it, and we didn't have any real need for it, anyway.

We weren't allowed to have fireworks, either. So what if other kids got to have fun with them. After all, they're dangerous and illegal, right?

Yeah, it really sucked to be us.

Best Answer

Well, if they just put it into an account for when you turn 18,,,, I wish I had saved all the money I've been given since I was 10 :/

Best Answer

your parents may have meant well, but rules that strict are just too far overreaching.

Best Answer

I believe you are correct. My psychiatrist pointed out that kids learn how to handle money, deal, bargain, & negotiate with each other only if they have it. So as an adult I started out pretty clueless as far as, for example, salary negotiations.

Best Answer

It may be good to save for the future, but you still have to have something for today. Don't forget that at 14 cents a week I wouldn't have even had eight dollars by the end of the year, so what difference would that have made?

Best Answer

Don't sit on pillows!

Or I'll grow a tail like a monkey!

And I believed it! ;)

Best Answer

If I stayed at home and not hang out in thje streets they would give me every thing i want I just wanted a car so i finish school and they got me a car the i start hanging out in the streets hehe

Best Answer

No celebrating birthdays or other holidays. When I was at school, I had to go to the library during such activities/parties. We were Jehovah's Witnesses, and I was the only kid in my school that had to follow these rules.

Best Answer

damn that's horrible. :(

Best Answer

I presume by now you have converted

Best Answer

Oh, absolutely, not a JW now.

Best Answer

sad

Best Answer

"You are not allowed to go to the 'Star Wars' movie because it contains the word 'War'". That retracted me further from my friends, because I was the only one not knowing anything about Luke, Han, Leia, Wookie and Darth, wasn't able to join in talks about it. Not good.

Best Answer

You can read my story about Davy Crockett and my own "wild frontier." It's hard when you are restricted from something that has become a cultural icon.

Best Answer

There were many. Don't play cards. Don't go to movies. Don't listen or dance to "carnal" music, etc...

Religion is all about observing pointless rules.

Best Answer

I was the only one of the kids who wasn't afraid of the dark, and I would sometimes wander through the house at night. So when my parents put us to bed they would say specifically to me: "And DON'T come out !"

Best Answer

Golden rule

Best Answer

dont make fun of politicians' name... seriously, i did it and my father told it to my face that it is rude and never to do it again...

Best Answer

and i call one Boehnhead every day. i would have been punished, indeed..hahaha

Best Answer

Our curfew when my siblings and I lived at home was midnight, even when we were old enough to be out past midnight. The exception was if we had a job that required us to either work past midnight, or ended before then, but by the time we got home, it was past midnight.

Best Answer