8pops 8pops 31-35, F 16 Answers Sep 8, 2012 in Emotional Health

Knowing it and treating it. People that have mental illnesses and don't know it are often destructive to themselves and others until they admit they have an illness and get treated :/

Best Answer

There is nothing about either of these scenarios that is at all good.

Best Answer

Knowing it! I've had Epilepsy for 45 years and have learned how to live with it. <br />
Not knowing it is horrible. My Mom had Alzheimers for the last couple years of her life. She lived scared and angry not knowing what was going on.

Best Answer

Knowing because then you can start to deal with it. As it is with all problems.

Best Answer

there are some that know they're mentally ill... but when they act out in mentally ill ways deny it was ill at all... <br />
...all i know is that i would not want to be a strange combination of the two... that is worse

Best Answer

I live with a mental illness and I don't even know the answer. For so long I knew something was wrong with me but once I found out my whole life revolved around my illness. I blame every decision I make on Borderline personality disorder. The desc<x>ription of my illness is my life. It sucks and I hate it or do I hate myself. You wanna know so you can fix it but then when you do its just this dark cloud always lurking over your head everyday.

Best Answer

Your question is a contradiction as many people with mental illness don't know why they feel as they do.

Best Answer

not knowing, for sure. I wish I would have NEVER looked into dealing with my anger and depression. I was diagnosed with severe PTSD and things only got worse and continue to do so. with a quickness.

Best Answer

what med were you given

Best Answer

i'll have to pm that info 2 u. cant do til later. ..but lots.

Best Answer

You talking to me? Or me?

Best Answer

I don't know...why don't you tell me.....; )

Best Answer

I think for the mentally ill, ignorance is bliss. I think it would be distressing to the person to know their mental faculties are deemed, 'not right'. That seems cruel almost.

Best Answer

That's good to know...so you feel your life is better now that you know? Now that you say that, I can see that...it's like you understand yourself better? If I may...what mental illness do you suffer from?

Best Answer

mental illness has so many forms even depression is one anxiety another

Best Answer

birdonthewire: I'm so happy you found happiness...good for you. I can totally see your point of understanding what you're going through and thus knowing it's not you, it's an illness and can be explained in clinical terms. I'm also glad to hear your family gets you now. Acceptance is key...I'm glad you found ours. :} Much love to you.

Best Answer

i think its best to know, it means you can get the proper medication required to help you.

Best Answer

any one text me 3609277096

Best Answer

you are aware this is not a dating site

Best Answer

Speaking as a person who has been diagnosed as mentally ill, I can tell you that it is MUCH better having a mental illness and knowing it. It's frightening to see and hear things that aren't there, to suddenly feel like the walls are going to start bleeding and screaming and then have that absolute knowledge go away. You know something is very wrong but you don't know what. Finding out and accepting what you have is much better than the horrible fear that comes from the unknown.

Best Answer

knowing it so you can deal with it

Best Answer