CourtneyRose001 CourtneyRose001 16-17, F 7 Answers Oct 5, 2012 in Books

I prefer the classic, paper and pencil

Best Answer

I can't send a hand drawn cover to a publishing company. They'd laugh in my face

Best Answer

Not with that attitude, you can't

Best Answer

I've never done this before and I'm researching how to and I've read that your supposed to do it online...

Best Answer

I have probably logged about 3000+ hours in Adobe Photoshop. It is very powerful, Illustrator is also powerful, for vector graphics. I don't have very much use for vector graphics. But when I was actively running my design company, I would use both. A thing to note about Quark is they are adverting compatibility with .psd and .ai files. So that should tell you something. Again I haven't used Illustrator too much, but I have done some stuff for print, (eventual hardcopy), and I used primarily PS. So I would advice a highbrid of PS and AI for print work. I hope you win. ;)

Best Answer

Have u ever done a book cover?

Best Answer

I'd love that!

Best Answer

InDesign

Best Answer

If you need to do it in a timely manor then I would stick with what ever you are most comfortable with...<br />
Any vector app...<br />
I kinda like xara (but its vector input tools are a bit backward)...<br />
But then again its not as bloated as corel or as obtuse as illustrator..

Best Answer

I like photoshop

Best Answer

How about google sketchup?

Best Answer

?

Best Answer

http://sketchup.google.com/download/
The basic version is free.

Best Answer

Well what I meant y the q mark was, is that an acceptable way to design a book cover? I've never done this before

Best Answer

Illustrator is for drawing, vector graphics. Quark xpress is for designing and layout of the book.

Best Answer