Desktop: power and flexibility. Takes more space and uses 10x as much electricity but you can slap as big a graphics card in there that you need, add interface cards, a ton of memory, etc.<br />
Laptop: portability and low power consumption. They are small and light so you can move them around easily and take them with you. They also take a lot less power to run. They are limited in space to expand them or upgrade them. Computing power in a laptop costs more than a desktop as well.

Best Answer

Desk Top for me every time

Best Answer

My advice is both. You can get a cheap tablet or notebook for portable use and build a desktop if you like PC gaming or have more demanding uses. Desktops are not only more powerful then all but the most expensive laptops, but last a great deal longer and building your own is an easy way to save money.

Best Answer

Computer desktop I am using a small laptop at the moment and it is very frustrating, very small. I have no control over the mouse and when I type 10 finger blind I often hit the wrong keys because it is much smaller than a computer. Give me back my computer. I am on holiday so have to use laptop. When I get home back to civilisationn and pc desktop.

Best Answer

Laptop you can use it home or anywhere that has wifi, which is any restaraunt, heck even auto repair shops have wifi while you wait for your oil to be changed, etc.

Best Answer

Depends on what you want to do with it...

Best Answer

I didn't even know anyone still used desktops

Best Answer

Really? For intense computing, video editing for example, a desktop is basically a must. There are laptops that can do it but you'll end up paying twice what a desktop would cost.

Best Answer

Well said. Are you an artist or art enthusiast?

Best Answer