at times i feel life without children is better more free, but now i'm having second thoughts. will i eventually feel lonely if i never have children?
veronica4ever veronica4ever 22-25, F 25 Answers May 4, 2011

I think being a parent is over rated. Women, for the most part, end up devoting themselves to their children and sacrificing their own careers. The, suddenly the kids are grown and out of the house and the "empty nest" syndrome begins.....and if you are really unlucky, the husband you've also taken care of for most of your life leaves for a another women,.you are stuck jobless and alone, selfish chidren living their own lives not wanting to be bothered with OLD mom. So, taking care of yourself when you are young, establishing a career and independence so you don't live in fear after of poverty after all leave you after you have been their servant for 25 years......NO WAY WOULD I DO IT OVER.........think about what I've said. Okay, it's late, I'm alone and depressed.

Best Answer

If you are in a committed relationship, ie married, then this is a decision for the both of you at the right time.<br />
Now, if you are contemplating your part of that decision, then I will tell you there's the good, the bad, and the ugly, like in any relationship. But with kids, you never can take away that special relationship of family that is like no other. <br />
When you do have children, it is at first difficult to give up your own selfish needs and wishes, but as you give into this, you find a deep selfless love like no other. <br />
My boys are 12, 17, and 20 and there have been times that we get frustrated beyond belief ... , but we would never decide to change this and escape the multitude of deep, life changing, life experiences, and the LOVE that comes out of and grows through these family ties. <br />
We have them and they have us, and each other as brothers, along with the extended family of cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents.... it's the special relationship of family and all of this makes it worth it. With us, even if we argue or disagree or flat out can't talk to each other for a while, I know that I can rely on my family to be there if I really needed them. <br />
Hope you can find someone to share this with you, but HANG ON! ... it's quite a ride that takes a lot of commitment and hard work - a 'never give up' attitude, lots of love, and ,,, did I say commitment? It's a lifetime position - a Gift to be Thankful for and Enjoy!

Best Answer

By all means, having children is my most rewarding and challenge of my life. I love my life now. 11, 9 and 5 years old. But oh, I am so scared when they grow up and leave the nest. I hope I never have to raise my Grandkids, but I hope that I someday do have Grandkids, and I hopefully will be a fun Grandma who spoils them just enough that they love coming and spending time with me and the Grandpa. Just yesterday, my 5 year old lost her first tooth. This morning, before I was hardly awake, I hear. AH! Mom! The Tooth Fairy Did Came! Did you hear our dog bark? How did she do it? Wow! "Oh Ya! A moment in time that I will treasure for a life-time. Music that sings to my soul. Thanks be to God for my children."

Best Answer

It's very rare that people regret having children, at most people will regret the way they turned out, but still glad they had them. The urge and psychological reward to procreate has been ingrained longer than we've even been humans.

Best Answer

Children are beautiful and wonderful to raise but as a single mother take it frm <br />
me dont have kids cuz no matter what ways your life takes it's still difficult to raise kids cuz<br />
in this horrible world. my son is 14. <br />
But it is your decision after all. just know that you've thought about to raise a child, be prepared to give up your pleasures ie. job nite life and loss of partner. Im a single mom and i dont enjoy itmuch cuz Im <br />
on my own with no lovelife.

Best Answer

Without. You will only feel lonely if you decide to not have a life filled with other wonderful things besides kids. You get caught up feeling like you're missing out on something when you hear other people going on & on about their little trolls, when really, you aren't missing anything but the discounted flight ticket prices to Rio for the week with a discounted exclusive hotel package while you're sitting around listening to their lies of how 'wonderful', 'fullfilling', 'awesome' etc. parenting is. My own mother finds the care of my pets more fullfilling than taking care of me, she replaced me as soon as I got one for the very first time at 13. Truth not excuses.

Best Answer

Better with kids

Best Answer

Hi, my question to all of the above people who commented would be, how many of you planned your first child? this is a very important question and please can you answer honestly for the sake of research. Thank you :-)

Best Answer

Having children makes you think more about the world you live in.

Best Answer

having kids. they keep u on ur toes. there's never a dull moment. and they bring out the free spirit n u. i know. i got 5.

Best Answer

I love my life. i love my kids. they are 15 10 and 1. I got plenty of one on one time with each. They have always had the best father. I really can't imagine my life without them.

Best Answer

life is always better when you have a child or children, its colourfull and fun. yes there are hard times but i could never imagine my life without my child she brings me so much happiness.

Best Answer

That is a personal choice, for me my children and grandchildren are my life.

Best Answer

If you don't have kids, you have a very peaceful, organised life with plenty of "alone" time. But if you do have kids, though you will be all messed up with the ups and downs trying to organise your life, you can't imagine your life without them, they are so adorable little beings. So it depends.

Best Answer

i can't imagine any greater love than that of being a mama.

Best Answer

Niether is better unless you really want kids and don't have them. Most don't regret their kids even if they did'nt plan on it...it's hard but worth it. If you fully regret your kids then theres something extremely wrong with you.

Best Answer

Whichever yu choose will be better. I've heard of people regretting not having kids though.

Best Answer

I have two kids ten months apart and I'll tell you that truth of the matter is i have much more frustrating times then good times. My wife and i argue more and i feel the kids are sucking the life out of me one day at a time. Having children destroys your finances and you work harder for less in return. Having children is over rated. You want to be happy and enjoy life then travel the world twice.

Best Answer

Don't have children. For starters it's a PITA to watch them all the time. Your freedom is gone, your money is gone, your sleep is gone. Your life becomes working and working some more. You're stuck having to earn a certain amount of money to support the little monsters. There are too many people on the planet anyways. Let's cut down the population to 1 billion.

Best Answer

You hit the nail on the head! I'm still in search for a time machine.

Best Answer

Kids are hard work. U have to be strong all the time. In my case without my kid I wouldn't be here at all. I can't imagine life without a kid.

Best Answer