DreamCatch3r DreamCatch3r 41-45, M 14 Answers Feb 4, 2009

Love is everything - trust, love, respect, honesty, fidelty (if you so choose), openess, friendship, and a genuine connection of two people. My husband..is my best friend, he respects me and my feelings, he is faithful to me..he tells me everything, and most days I can read him like an open book..I know his thoughts before he does sometimes.haha. Or he can look at me..and just KNOW what I am thinking. Anywherebuthere is right..it is more than just sex or sexual chemistry when it is REAL LOVE..it's a bond.<br />
And addiction in every sense of the word is bad. "addicted to drugs" "addicted to gambling" "addicted to John" It all is the same. Having no control over your actions concerning your behaviours. In my eyes..being addicted to the person is how BAD relationships start. In my experience..the friends/family I have had..that have been in harmful and abusive relationships..seemed like addicts through and through. Rationalising their actions, their partner's actions..why they did it..and kept going back after hitting what should have been rock bottom. If the person you are with does not respect you or your feelings. or cheats on you. That in itself should let you know that they do not truly LOVE you. Yet friends of mine have taken partners back in thier life after these things have happened saying "Well, I love him/her!" This is not love!! Not real love! YOU may love this person..but if someone is not being faithful, or hurting you or your feeligs..they DO NOT LOVE YOU! The difference between being in love and addiction to the person..lies in the people themselves and the relationship between you in my opinion!

Best Answer

One is a foundation of respect, admiration, affection and attraction, and the other has all those things, and OBSESSION and NEED that lies above all the other stuff. One is a feeling of well being and the other is a feling of insecurity and fear of abandonment.

Best Answer

love is sacrificing, addiction... selfishness

Best Answer

Love is to be a best friend and love them as they are and try and be the best person you can be for them ad for yourself.<br />
Addiction to the person...gets you a restraining order against you and/or jail.

Best Answer

If things going bad and you are still there it's an addiction, thats all. Love will never cause you pain and will make you stronger. If you feel like you are falling and feels great, if you will die without the person it's an addiction. If you feel stable on the ground and see clear it's love.

Best Answer

Read the first two books in the Twilight-series. The answer will be within book two; "Full Moon", but you'd need book one to understand and build up the relationship and tension. <br />
I can't think of any better examples at the moment, but you should try it. It does tell you something about the difference.

Best Answer

Overman - not sure I agree, but great answer.

Best Answer

Control

Best Answer

Actually love isn't sacrificing and addiction isn't selfishness.<br />
Wonder why most marriages don't work in the modern world and why most romantic stories we hear or know of are from decades even centuries ago?<br />
Love is being selfish and addiction is sacrificing.<br />
If you love someone, I agree with anywherebuthere, that sex isn't important but it helps solidify the bond.<br />
Being in love with someone means, you make exceptions and treat them differently from the regular people in your life. If you truly love someone you can be happy for them if they decide they don't want to be in your life. You still think about them years after you've split up, not because you're lonely but because you love and care for the person so much that you genuinely would like to know how they are since you last saw them.<br />
You and the person you love feed off each other and grow together as opposed to holding each other back and trying to get the other to change.<br />
Addiction is can be good or bad, but if you mean where you know you don't like or feel for the person but yet are drawn to them and want to control and dominate the other person's life and their choice then that is never a good thing.<br />
To sum it up, love means to let someone be as they are and let them go wherever they wish to go, like a bedouin woman does for her man or try to get someone to love you by pressuring them

Best Answer

I agree generally, but I believe that sex is very important between two people who love each other as it consolidates their love. However, neither this would be a general rule - there have been couples who have remained loving and together for decades even though they could not have sex and there have been others who could not take the strain. I don't think that in either case, one couple loved each other more. It's just how we react to difficult circumstances in our life. Being in love is definitely a wonderful thing if it is reciprocated. If not, it's torture. An addiction is like OCD - it's a psychological or mental state which probably requires medicine to calm it down (including the addiction to a person, thing, sex etc - it's a mental state and most of the time it's genetic or self-developed on the basis of personal experiences and hardships)

Best Answer

Being addicted to a person is all about you. Being in love with a person is all about them.

Best Answer

Semantics.

Best Answer

Love Addicts put themselves in relationships that are bad for them. They accept less than they need or deserve. They try to make relationships work no matter what, under any circumstances, regardless of whether or not the relationship is good, or if it really meets their needs. They are addicted to love - the idea of being
inlove.

Best Answer