Questionator Questionator 26-30 194 Answers Dec 18, 2012 in Community

Question of the Day

Things were simpler, safer, less fear mongering and paranoia

Top Answer #2
Best Answer

The sex

Best Answer

When I was a kid we cut all our firewood for cooking, we hauled water from the river. We bathed and washed our clothes in the river. We raised our own goats, chickens, rabbits to eat and ate from our huge garden. We didn't have alot of extras, but there was no debt. We kids knew how to make our own fun by climbing trees, making forts, digging underground hideaways, and making mud pies. We created our cars out of sticks and old vegetable cans for wheels. Life was simple.

Top Answer #3
Best Answer

Gas prices.

Best Answer

I can't remove my pants in publice

Best Answer

I worry about what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. Back then, I thought of my future as a distant entity. Today I realize my future rests in the decisions I make in the present.

Best Answer

practically everything

Best Answer

Dunno. Never was a kid. Goats have kids. People have children.

Best Answer

When I was a kid, EP was just 2 black dudes hangin' out on a street corner flashin' gang signs, smokin' crack, and pimpin' out the Questionator!

Best Answer

While they are to many to mention, I will point out just a few:<br />
Parents disciplined their children and there was no phone to call the police. The children turned out better<br />
There was no television only a small radio in many homes with two stations. Parents talked with their children, told stories, etc<br />
The children were more creative. We made many things we played with. Only at Christmastime you received store bought toys. We played checkers with on a Board my dad made for us. He saved the bottle caps for this purpose.<br />
Saying please and thank you came naturally. Now you have to dig it out of children.<br />
When I was a child, it was not perfect but it was wholesome. This is a sobering question. So many great things have been erased.

Best Answer

Thank you

Best Answer

I agree with you and when I try to tell my kids about it they look at me like I'm nuts and tell my I'm REALLY old!

Best Answer

The drugs and violence now is way worse

Best Answer

Definitely

Best Answer

Well, when i was young...(waves cane in air)...we could trick or treat without fear....you could walk around the block at night....don't get me wrong...people were just as cruel and prejudice and evil as they are now....but you could see children playing. Getting some fresh air didn't just mean open the window while you are playing video games. We had 4 stations to watch...the news was on three times a day. Technology was a thing of the future.

Best Answer

When I was a kid I wouldn't have dared answer my parents or adults back, if my parents had heard some of the **** kids say to adults now I wouldn't have seen the light of day for years, life nowadays is soulless with the use of technology, what happened to going out to play and actually meeting people without being scared that your kids will be abducted or kidnapped or bullied which seems to have grown as the years roll by, the world is what you make it but their are some ****** up values now where people think they are due !

Best Answer

Isn't "Diversity" grand?

Best Answer

We were allowed to really be kids. in kindergarten we learned our name and phone number. We had recess. We had milk and cookies for a snack. We had rest time. We were 4 and 5 years old and just kids. Today, they are expected to be ready to read at kindergarten. Many schools gotten rid of most of their recess times. Forget milk and cookies; it will make you obese! Rest time? What is that?? And yet, kids are still only 5 yrs old..Really, just little children.

Best Answer

Indeed...at some of the fancier schools here all kids have to have ipads in year 7 and at one school a girl had to have a laptop in prep! (I think what you call kindergarten)

Best Answer

WOW! Unbelievable.

Best Answer

Well it seems folks are a little more open-minded. When I was very young I realized I liked wearing girls or womens clothing and did so secetly. As I got older I cross-dressed mostly to myself, but then would go out dressed en femme in public but usually in places I was not really well known.<br />
Today I dress as a woman for work daily, and enjoy my life immensely ... and have found greater acceptance than in the past.<br />
And more importantly it is becoming less of a social stigma for children today compared to the repression I felt as a child.

Best Answer

Everything was much simpler.

Best Answer

i didnt have so many joints problems

Best Answer

Not much in reality has changed since I was young to now. Other than the taste of food and the freshness of food. The feeling things were safer for kids was there. However the reality is everything that we see today was there when we were younger. The difference is society wasn't informed about it. Today a person does anything that's not part of societies view of the norm it is plastered through out popular media outlets. This in turn brings it to the general public's attention and causes us all to think differently about things that at one time didn't matter because we knew nothing of it.

Best Answer

Great answer!

Best Answer

time is unavailable

Best Answer

In the us food and housing was more affordable. The us dollar was worth more.

Best Answer