I don't see why anyone cares. If two people want to be married, let them.
I think it's silly to not allow couples who love and adore each other not to share the same rights as straight couple simply because of whats in their pants - they deserve equal rights and protections
Dont agree with it<br />
I thought of this as soon as I read the question.<br />
"Ten Reasons why Gay Marriages is Wrong. (author unknown)<br />
01) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning. <br />
02) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall. <br />
03) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract. <br />
04) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn’t changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can’t marry whites, and divorce is still illegal. <br />
05) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britney Spears’ 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed. <br />
06) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn’t be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren’t full yet, and the world needs more children. <br />
07) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children. <br />
08) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That’s why we have only one religion in America. <br />
09) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That’s why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children. <br />
10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven’t adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans."<br />
That's my opinion for you.
Ah, the whole point is that it's ridiculous. I'm a full supporter of gay rights and thought that this was hilarious!
Said otherwise, it's sarcasm!
errm @CCCici..have you ever heard of something called sarcasm ?
Yes! Thanks Tony!
To my mind, marriage is male to female. For many reasons, not just the physical or the fact that it takes a male and a female to produce a child. If society wants to grant marriage recognition to same sex couples, then it's up to the democracy, but it doesn't jibe with what marriage means to me.
Against it. I am also against illegal drugs and illegal people. There is help for everyone if you know where to look.
As long it is between a man and a woman I am fine with it.
Gods opinion is what counts, and we know what that is. No matter how many people approve, God will still be right. Most people reject Christ as their Lord and Savior, but peoples opinions count for nothing in the long run. Go ahead and slam me, but it won't change anything.
No slamming. You are entitled to your opinion.
In favour of people being able to marry whoever they love regardless of gender.<br />
ob<x>jecting to other people getting married on religious grounds is like ob<x>jecting to someone eating a donut because you're on a diet.
I can't claim originality I'm afraid. I saw that one on a poster.
It was illegal for black slaves to legally marry even each other and until WWII it was illegal for people of different races to marry each other. In some states like Louisiana if you were 1/32 black that meant you were black even if you had red hair and green eyes. Gay marriage is merely the last major victory in a long line of victories over people who claim to be defending traditional values and enforcing the will of a loving God by oppressing people and promoting bigotry.<br />
Democracy demands tolerance and equality under the law. You don't have to like gays, you don't have to agree with their morality, and you certainly don't have to support them in any way, shape, or form but if you are not willing to support tolerance and equality under the law you might as well live under a dictatorship.
So what gays wanna marry ? I think they have a right to be miserable too :-)
Im surprised that it's still an issue. <br />
Two adults want to get married let them, it wont kill anybody, i dont see why it's a problem for anybody.
Totally against, but it was prophesied in the Bible as part of the end ot times. There will be a day of reckoning.
civil partnership yes , actual marriage no , it doesnt sit well with me
NO,i dont agree, its so wrong...
I could care less if they want to marry... But I honestly ask myself "why would they want to"...seriously folks, I get it, they're in love and want to prove it to the world... But marriage generally sucks for most people (look at divorce stats)... You have to figure that there is no better excuse for avoiding marriage than being able to look at your partner and say "babe, I love you, I want to be with you..yes, I would marry you.... But THEY won't let us".... It's the perfect situation, you look good to your significant other AND you get to dodge the marriage bullet... Think about it folks, be careful what you wish for.
Hahahahahahaha! Thats hillarious
Dont really care either way.
support, primarily because before christianity laid claim to discovering marriage, marriage was a civil institution plus cane and abel got married sounds like ssm in the bible to me.
But they didn't marry each other!! Had they done so, it might have provided an alternate explanation for what did happen!