hey people, well my hair is straight and really long, I never used to have dandruff, now I do!!! is dandruff bad? if yes what can I do to get rid of it? and whats the reason it came to me all of a sudden? what can I do?
islam1 islam1 16-17, F 6 Answers Nov 26, 2009

It could be one or several things. Here are some things you need to consider. Is it very dry in your home? Has the weather gotten very cold where you live? Are you under new stress? Taking new medicine? Stop taking meds? Change your shampoo or creme rinse? Did you purchase a new blow dryer?<br />
I don't recommend the Head and Shoulders as it dries your hair our. I have longish thick red hair and I use Moisturizing vanilla shampoo and creme rinse that you have to order online from bath and body works. Other than that I highly suggest Fruitis for dry hair and the conditioner it really works. Plus it makes your hair so shiny.<br />
I hope I may have helped you, let me know okay.<br />
buttoneye

Best Answer

Sometimes changes in diet can cause or increase dandruff. Have you changed what you've been eating lately?

Best Answer

Add a response...

Best Answer

Same thing happened to me...
I was experimenting new shampoos, moved to the city to a very dry warm apartment, it was the beginning of winter, my diet changed, I ate fewer vegetables like broccoli and lettuce, and I was under a lot of stress ( getting up early staying up late, school, work etc.).

I've recently tried the nopoo (no shampoo hair routine) for 5 months with no avail. Another factor I'd like to contribute was that my shower head is one of those eco ones, and in comparison to the one I used to use at my old home is like dribbling water. I hear that tea tree oil might help if you add just a bit to your conditioner, but I haven't tried it. (it supposedly smells?)

Best Answer