sillyginger sillyginger 22-25, F 8 Answers Apr 8, 2011

The Congress can't pass an appropriations bill to fund the government because the reactionary right is holding the country hostage, filling the spending bills with anti-abortion, anti-environmental, anti-medicare, etc., aspects that the President and the Democrats won't approve. Essentially, the far right is holding the government hostage in an effort to force their radical ideas into place.

Best Answer

This is not the first time the rethuglicans have pulled this crap. Newt Gingrich and his cronies did the same BS during the Clinton administration, but it wasn't during a time of war. I think the willful effort to shut down the government when we're engaged in three military endeavors should be grounds for impeachment for those who are causing the problem... Should the troops who are giving their lives in foreign lands have to wait for their pay because one aspect of one party has decided to hold them hostage to their political agenda? Seems pretty irresponsible to me, and I think it's pretty revealing of the kind of people we're talking about.

Best Answer

This is all pretty scary. I will not vote for anyone who holds our country hostage.

Best Answer

Write down the names of the people who are doing this to us, and remember them when it comes time to vote again. Please. Every American take note of what they are doing, and ask yourself if you want people in charge of your country who are willing to destroy it....and who probably will. If....and I stress the word IF there is a country left by the time the next Congressional election comes around....PLEASE don't vote for any of the people who are doing this to us. PLEASE.

Best Answer

I suppose everyone is either talking about it or worried about this development, but it was a long time coming...simple economics - wasteful spending; Nasa by itself was using billions every year - the military was probably in the tens of billions every year...then you have the money handed over to all those banks - wall street - Fanny Mae and Freddie Mac mortgage bokers - the list goes on and on...listen, all people really need to survive and exist is food, water, shelter, and clothing - everything else is a bonus

Best Answer

Right now, the Tea Party is holding the government hostage to their demands. If Democrats don't give in to their right wing agenda of cutting aid to the poor and the elderly while subsidizing oil companies and giving tax breaks to corporations, they will force the government to shut down.

Best Answer