otad12 otad12 26-30, F 6 Answers Apr 8, 2011

Hot, sweaty, big bugs, humidity, damp books, tourists, alligators, more even bigger bugs, more sweat

Best Answer

If you like one of the lowest wages paid in the country; temperatures up to 95 degrees during the day, no lower than 80 at anytime at night with a steamy humidity of near 100% from begin of May until approximately Thanksgiving; mosquito-infested backyards; if you like rude and ignorant drivers in traffic conditions like in LA; crowded, congested roads and highways; unfriendly store clerks and cashiers; pay a $1,000.00 rent for a two-bedroom rat hole with a leaking roof, a ยง350.00 electric bill due to the constant operation of your air-conditioners, terrible landlords whom do nothing for your place but collecting the rent, hardly speak or understand English; if you love to drive close to an hour to get to leave the city, just to find yourself in the middle of nowhere, where straight roadways meet the horizon in a comletely flat and boring swamp landscape.....than Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties are just right for you! <br />
Been there for 13 years! I know I am only listing all the bad things......there are a few "good things", of which you get to enjoy if you are a wealthy person ONLY!!!. That's what you see on TV, where the rich people live and hang out; or perhaps tourists and sailors from all over the world.<br />
When you visit you'll find it so pretty there, so beautiful; swaying palm trees everywhere, tropical beaches, deep blue skies.....but it becomes old, when the workaday-life kicks in, and it DOES. Just get your first lousy paycheck and have constantly bills flying in, you'll be figuring you'll need to work two jobs to make ends meet. You'll also be figuring that you'll never be able to join people at those beautiful places you've been seeing on TV. Instead, you (NOT the landlord) will be busy fixing the plumbing at your ran-down rental home. <br />
Good luck in the Sunshine State

Best Answer

Having lived in Orlando, it's awesome. I've been to Miami once, and it's even better. The thing is, each part of Florida differs. It's not exactly the Shangroila that some think it is or parts of it. Some people can't get past that. It's a love/hate relationship with it in many aspects.<br />
I will say this. The cost of living is NOT cheap. A lot of it is very dependent on tourism and such. When that goes sour, so does everything else. Aside from that, parts of it are very laid back compared to other parts of the country. Some will describe parts of it like southern California without the rat race.<br />
My advice, pick a place you might like in Florida, and go see it. Don't just see the tourist areas, but look at everything. I wish I could go back, but...the economy hasn't been to co-operative and outsourcing hasn't helped either.

Best Answer

FLA is awesome. Best city depends on you and what you like. Miami Beach is great because you get to enjoy beach, meet new people, and opens you up to a whole different life. You meet people from all over the world and learn so many different things. IF you like more laid back vibes then check out naples, west palm, orlando etc..

Best Answer

I have been to Florida a couple of times and I will never consider it a place I want to be longer than a weekend.

Best Answer