Friends are the biggest issue for me. I know a few people and yet, I keep doing something to push them away. Recently I stopped talking to this guy friend and he told me I can talk to him when I want, and now there's this female friend who I seem to be pushing away. She's lovely but don't know what the problem is. I just find myself avoiding her. People are going to start forming this perception of me,and thinking I'm hot and cold or something. I just don't know why I do this. My mother have this perception that I feel like a person is going to reject me so, I portray a negative image ( or something like that). What do you think? It happens in classes as well- I stick to a set of friends and never really interact with the others. Please note: I'm not a snob or stuck up . I just don't know what my problem is
Hiddenintheleaves Hiddenintheleaves 22-25, F 5 Answers Feb 2, 2013 in Struggles

No one can tell you what your problem is, and don't let them try! Only YOU know why this is happening, a bit of introspection is what is needed.

Best Answer

How do I do that?

Best Answer

do some yoga or some stretching, sit in a quiet place and relax. focus your eyes on a burning candle or close your eyes. Have the question in mind but don't try to figure it out, just look at what is happening... eventually it will come to you.

Best Answer

I dont know if you should listen to someone as horribly twisted as myself, but you should do what you want, and your friends are yours to choose.

Best Answer

You push them away for your protection of being hurt

Best Answer

Some people have a few or only one close friend. Others like large groups of friends. It's just a matter of personal preference.

Best Answer

Yes, but i don't want to hurt others in the process.

Best Answer

Just be true to yourself and honest with everyone else and no one will get hurt.

Best Answer