Questionator Questionator 26-30 136 Answers Feb 20, 2013 in Community

Question of the Day

How could it have been a fact if it were not true? o-O

Top Answer #1
Best Answer

Another stupid day for the Questionator!

Best Answer

this is just a test answer

Best Answer

test

Best Answer

dfasfsdf

Best Answer

fhfghfhgfgh

Best Answer

hfhgfghfgh

Best Answer

Internet never lies

Best Answer

Yes-cause facts change with better information available

Best Answer

You didn't know that then, did you?

Best Answer

Quite correct. Question should have referred to something you assumed was fact. Or incorrectly thought was a fact.

Best Answer

its funny but what was meant was a very good Q so ....shame to ruin that

Best Answer

Excuse me but this question is wrongly worded.If its a 'fact',it can never be untrue or not true. <br />
The questionator ought to have asked: What's one thing you always believed........<br />
I am sorry but I had to point it out.

Top Answer #2
Best Answer

I think this answer was a lot better than awolnationfan's answer.

Best Answer

Yes it can-a fact is something that can be verified by experiments and knowledge-and since knowledge expands with awareness-facts have can and do change-based on new evidence and new discoveries

Best Answer

Actually 151rby, As far as "facts" are concerned, scientists will caution you that even though they will appear to be using the term in the same way as everyone else, there are background assumptions which are crucial. When most people refer to a "fact," the are talking about something which is definitely, absolutely and unquestionably true. For scientists, a fact is something which is assumed to be true, at least for the purposes of whatever they are doing at the moment, but which might be refuted at some point.
It is this implicit fallibilism which helps differentiate science from other human endeavors. It is certainly the case that scientists will act as if something is definitely true and not give much thought to the possibility that it is wrong - but that doesn't mean that they ignore it completely. This quote from Stephen Jay Gould illustrates the issue nicely:
Moreover, 'fact' doesn't mean 'absolute certainty'; there ain't no such animal in an exciting and complex world. The final proofs of logic and mathematics flow deductively from stated premises and achieve certainty only because they are NOT about the empirical world. ...In science 'fact' can only mean 'confirmed to such a degree that it would be perverse to withhold provisional consent.'
About.com

Best Answer

i agree with that

Best Answer

I do too. :)

Best Answer

Santa doesn't ride in a sled. He uses Amazon.

Top Answer #3
Best Answer

If you cross your eyes for too long, they'll get stuck that way!

Best Answer

moon landing

Best Answer

The more languages you speak, the easier it is to communicate all around the world. <br />
You only need one language, the one the person in front of you speaks. Every other language is useless if they can't speak yours.

Best Answer

Milton Berle was really a jewish women.......... it was devastating........

Best Answer

He did look exactly like my EX-MIL.

Best Answer

your too funny!

Best Answer

I believed medicine was safe.<br />
Now I know that it is better to take less medicine or no medicine because the medical community is always finding out about detrimental side effects.<br />
I believed Alzheimer's could not be avoided.<br />
Now I know that Alzheimer's disease is a collection of metals and saturated fat consumed from the water we drink and food we eat. This includes eating foods cooked in an iron skillet, drinking water from copper pipes. and eating processed foods like cookies.

Best Answer

That our government did everything possible to ensure our safety, and wellbeing.

Best Answer

I always held the Police in high regard. Now, I know a lot of them are crooks. For instance, we elected a new County Sherrif and when my daughter found out who he was, she just screamed and said he use to sell drugs to her and her friends. He would take the drugs which the department had confiscated and sell it to kids. That just blew my mind. The awful thing is, that it just is not my little county, or State, but it happens in all of them. The truth hurts.

Best Answer

That the moon is not made from cheese

Best Answer

pretty/handsome people are more confident was the belief.. and I learnt it's not true

Best Answer

That duct tape wasn't spelled "duck tape"

Best Answer

blood thicker then water

Best Answer

Do you mean "than water" ?

Best Answer

A true love does not hurt

Best Answer

Once upon a time I thought markets were impartial and efficient. They are actually manipulated.

Best Answer

that there is freedom of speech in USA

Best Answer

I always tried to believe that my biological father would always love me no matter what but a few years ago I realised that will never happen as he will never except me for who I am but thats ok because I have my dad (stepdad) who has always loved and excepted me no matter what.

Best Answer

That my mom knew EVERYTHING...

Best Answer

My dad used to tell me that no one would ever love me. I guess that ended up being a self-fulfilling prophecy because I'm still single, but I no longer believe his poison words. I know that atleast God loves me.

Best Answer