Questionator Questionator 26-30 145 Answers Nov 9, 2012 in Community

Question of the Day

that the girls had to do all the chores and help with dinner and the guys did **** -_-

Top Answer #1
Best Answer

eff that.

Best Answer

the guys go too work and earn the bucks, while you get everything for free, now get in the kitchen !

Best Answer

I do remember those days. :(

Best Answer

same here

Best Answer

Well the only people that were working were my parents, my brothers didnt do anything, in the summer yea they worked with my parents but other then that they did ****!

Best Answer

Keep off junk stuff,including junk food.

Top Answer #2
Best Answer

Not a rule, necessarily... more of an attitude: "Because I said so." I always gave my son a more logical, less power-mongering answer to his questions. "Because I said so" made me stop asking any important questions at all...

Best Answer

My dad used to smack me and say "thats why". I think you got off rather lightly my dear.

Best Answer

Eldest child always got to pick where they sat, then the next oldest and then the next. terribly unfair because the entire system is biased towards birth order and there is no way to change that. and my parents claimed my older brother wasn't the favorite, HA! liars, even now after all he has done, getting into drugs, drinking and driving, being an ******* in general, no matter what I did they always cared more about their favorite son. I hate them all with a burning rage that will never subside. when he was failing english they hired him a tutor, when i was failing english they let me fail and sent me to summer school to make up my grades. when he was in sports they joined in and helped coach, when I was in sports they dropped me off and only came back after practice was over. when he had a birthday they sent me to my grandmas for the night, when I had a birthday I had to invite him and share my cake. I don't know the meaning of the word family love.

Best Answer

damn your parents suck

Best Answer

who has done better in life - you or your brother?

Best Answer

Im sorry to hear that hun. My mother always told me my sister Amber is better than me and her favorite. I was only 9.

Best Answer

We were not allowed to step in to bed or jump on bed unless it was bedtime. lol. I really hated it because when I went to my relatives houses, my cousins could jump on their beds all day long and have fun. :( I used to jump on bed when mom was not home and kept the bed sheet and everything tidy before she came back :P

Best Answer

Mine's related, kind of. No one in our house could lie down with a blanket over them during the day unless they were sick. It's been 40 years since I left home for college and I still get a little thrill from napping with a blanket on me,

Best Answer

Awwww. Thats cute

Best Answer

children were to be seen not heard

Best Answer

I got that seen and not heard crap too. Or, children will only peak when spoken to. I'm grateful I remembered to listen when my kid spoke to me... still do.

Best Answer

I was a quiet kid, but even I hated that rule!

Best Answer

anything my alcoholic father ever said

Best Answer

Its ok hun. Thats traumatizing

Best Answer

I can relate to this, but I didnt live with him so didnt take anything he said seriously

Best Answer

when I was 16 I decked the SOB with one punch, he was threatening my mother

Best Answer

Unbelievably, one of my stepfathers declared a rule: "No talking at the dinner table."

Seriously. Every meal was like an awkward tense silent nightmare, it was miserable.

Best Answer

Awww baby

Best Answer

Do as I say not as I do!

Best Answer

Darn it. Guilty!

Best Answer

my father was always right...even when he was wrong. Case in point, we argued about the spelling of a word when I was 15. I went and got the dictionary and showed him I was right. He slapped the book out of my hands and said, "In my house, it is spelled how I say it is spelled!"

Best Answer

I was nt allowed to socialize with anyone from school [have friends] and couldn't have [friends] come over to my house and hang out or do homework together. No one was allowed to call me either.

I hated that. How hard is it for a teen to adapt and explain that their mom hates people and think they are all trash. With my kids, I wanted their friends to come to the house. I wanted to see who they chose to associate with. What better way to weed out the ones that don't have the qualities that would most benefit your child/ren. And for the most part they picked really nice kids and they pretty much came to hang out with my kids and myself. They knew they could trust me and would come to me with their problems at school home and it became a regular thing for a question of the day discussion in my house.

Best Answer

same here

Best Answer

Mom and dad decide what food and how much goes on the kids' plate and every crumb MUST be finished or the child WILL suffer mightily.

Best Answer

Every Saturday was spent scrubbing the house top to bottom. I mean, I had three sisters & I remember stripping a linoleum floor and re-waxing it every stinking cartoon day.

Until my father bought a boat...... heh. I learned to waterski when I was 7. Because we went every Saturday - and Sunday - and sometimes week nights......

Best Answer

Making my bed!!!!!!!

Best Answer

Did I disagree because it was wrong, or did I disagree because I was a rebellious child?

I can't think of anything I disagreed with because it was wrong. The only thing I can think of disagreeing with was having to doing homework and going to bed at 9. There was nothing wrong with either of those two, but at the time I didn't think they were fair.

Best Answer

It's a toss up between Home by 5 o'clock.... That rule was hard to follow because it would mean no sports practices, but we were still expected to participate -.- and it meant no social life........and Chores done before food, half of the time I was the one to make the food AND do all the chores. there are three other kids in my family. So i'd be up till 9 at night, and get in trouble for not following my 8 o'clock bedtime. Both of these rules have been changed now, but it's still irksome

Best Answer

That guys could do certain things and girls did others. I can do anything a guy can.

Best Answer

Making up my bed, what's the point if I'm just gonna lie in it again.

Best Answer

Coming in when the street lights came on. Those things were set for like 6pm.

Best Answer

You'll eat what you're given!

I hate liver and kidneys! Yuck!

Best Answer

I relate....hated this!

Best Answer

beef livers with onions are really good for you :)
plus chicken livers are too

Best Answer

I'm not a cannibal and I hate the taste of liver be it good for me to eat or not.

Best Answer