Questionator Questionator 26-30 230 Answers Dec 8, 2012 in Community

Question of the Day

My father told me, "Son, you are to treat everybody the same. It doesn't matter what color they are, what religion they practice, what kind of food they eat or don't eat. God put everybody on the planet to get along with each other and help each other. We are to accept people the way they are. We are no better than anybody and nobody is better than us. We are all God's children."<br />
I have kept those words engraved on my heart.<br />
I accept people as they are. Good or bad, we are all God's children.<br />
<a href="http://www.experienceproject.com/stories/Accept-People-As-They-Are/1734855" target="ep_blank">EP Link</a>

Top Answer #2
Best Answer

Wise words.

Best Answer

Thats a beautiful lesson. If only we could teach the world to think like that

Best Answer

That is beautiful.

Best Answer

You're awesome, my friend. :)

Best Answer

Just lovely!

Best Answer

Yea right. Its true but I doubt you follow all the principles

Best Answer

The problem here is not all religions (even allegedly Christian ones) follow this principle. Religious wars, conflicts and suppression have been a major cause of death or torture. The commandment "Thou shalt not kill" is put aside when one religious group feels that it should be dominant

Best Answer

Jerryattic, I am Jewish. I was raised in a Jewish (mother) and Christian (father) household. My answer has nothing to do with religion. My father's statement to me had nothing to do with religion. It had to do with a common understanding and mutual belief in God. There is no problem. Don't cast negativity where it does not exist.

Best Answer

i inspired nice thinking

Best Answer

How not to raise my kids

Top Answer #3
Best Answer

Never be financially dependent on a man.

Best Answer

Remember where you came from. That way no matter how far you go, you'll always know how to get home.

Best Answer

Oh I like that one a lot!

Best Answer

Don't stay in a marriage for the sake of the kids.

Best Answer

Not to be like them!

Best Answer

That some people should not be allowed to reproduce.<br />
Also just because they are your parent does not mean they know what or how to love and take care.

Best Answer

little kids are like sponges, they absorb everything you say

Best Answer

Just one? I learned most of life's basic rules from them. I have one of the best set of parents who just celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary last summer.

Best Answer

That hard work is rarely rewarded.

Best Answer

don't grow up to represent the bad examples...

Best Answer

Not to have children.

Best Answer

That big family dinners around a big table are important. ...and if you know that you have room... invite anyone you think might also need a big family dinner.

Best Answer

I wish my family was like that! (And I wish I could still enjoy happy things like that when they did happen...)

Best Answer

To be a good person,even though they ended up.separated,and suffering,the were victims of their circumstances.

Best Answer

what not to do

Best Answer

"Never spend more than you can earn." :)

Best Answer

love doesn't last

Best Answer

I got nothing here.

Best Answer

don't have kids

Best Answer

opposites indeed attract, but , shouldn't necessarily get married.

Best Answer

Life is painful,get used to it.

Best Answer