My favorite was when they were both together in the front seat of the car and I was in the back seat as we went someplace. What they said to each other was like a sitcom. Once, a small animal ran across the road in front of the car and my grandfather said "That was a porcupine." But the way he talked it came out as "Pork a pine". My grandmother, after about thirty seconds said "No it wasn't. It was a raccoon." My grandfather sighed and kept driving for a minute, then said "Pork a pine". A mile down the road, my grandmother tried again "Raccoon". For mile after mile and always after a pause long enough to make me thing it was over, one of them would offer their opinion once again with a single word. They never got mad or raised their voices, but just casually disagreed with each other until something new came along.

Best Answer

that's hilarious, I love it!

Best Answer

Grandpa greeting you at the door, saying, "Grandma baked bread today, you got'a* try this, you know your Grandma makes the best bread in this country, right?"<br />
(never tired of it, she really did make the best bread : )

Best Answer

wish I could smell it. :-)

Best Answer

It was wonderful!

Best Answer

Staying up late with my grandma to watch 'I Love Lucy', cooking with her, hearing her sing in the church choir, and the way she laughed. I miss her. :(

Best Answer

I am sorry you no longer can enjoy her presence. Delighted, though, to hear of so many happy memories.

Best Answer

Baking cookies with my grandma around Christmas time.

Best Answer

Sweet!

Best Answer

:) she was blind and she was always calling me to take her hand to go to another :) i miss her :(

Best Answer

I am so sorry she's gone. And I am glad to hear that she was special to you.

Best Answer