With my god kids, I've instituted a policy of earning expensive presents (American Girl Dolls). They're about $125, and my Aunt just randomly gave me one for Xmas one year which I LOVED, but I made my god daughter read one of the book sets before I would buy her one. I think it's a better system, and she'll tell anyone who will listen to this day about how Molly lived through the war her great grandpa fought in. Win win.
tjschira tjschira 22-25 9 Answers Dec 11, 2012 in Motherhood

I don't ever want (or plan) to have kids ever...but if I did, I'd definitely teach my daughter more stuff in general like how to use a computer, work on cars and DIY projects, science, cooking, etc. I feel like I was raised ok by my parents but my mom made me feel like beauty is #1 for girls and basically just showed me how to do my hair and put on makeup and dress nicely. Life's so much more!

Best Answer

If I had kids, I wouldn't spank them like my parents did to me.

Best Answer

I have never hit my child and am extremely generous with hugs and kisses. He is one of the most well behaved kids I know and I am often told this by teachers, friends and strangers!!

Best Answer

hmmm....avoid getting a divorce, but if not nothing.

Best Answer

i will love them a lot and spend sometime daily talking to them, irrespective of my schedule. Also i would not impose my problems on them.

Best Answer