Questionator Questionator 26-30 533 Answers Mar 28 in Community

Question of the Day

When you compare yourself to other people you will never win. There will always be somebody who makes more money, can lift more weight, gets more respect, has a better job etc... When you spend your life comparing yourself to everyone you are never good enough.

Top Answer #1
Best Answer

I'll strive to be the best though.

Best Answer

GREAT

Best Answer

I don't compare myself with those folks but I welcome them as friends. It's good to surround yourself with successful people. Loose the jealously and be the best you can be.

Best Answer

That just because it's a family member doesn't mean I have to except them and their abuse. Sometimes the worse people in your life can be your own family.

Top Answer #3
Best Answer

I wish EVERYONE would figure that out a lot sooner! <3

Best Answer

True, but at the same time, family is a reflection of you. You're not too different from family, specially as you grow older. If you see flaws in your family and dislike them for it, you will come to realize you share some of those traits yourself and will lead to self disappointment.

Best Answer

That's why we need self awareness, and sometimes lots of therapy! I do hear what you're saying, but I'm not an abuser.

Best Answer

You are right! Just because they are family doesn't give them the right to abuse you.

Best Answer

don't I know. I have a sister who does nothing but brag about how little work she does and how much more she gets paid then anyone else in the family, how going to the dollar store is degrading and right in front of my mom who is a factory worker she said " my kids will never end up working in a factory". She thinks she is better then everyone else and she thinks everyone should be living to her standards. She recently got divorced and I cant figure out how her husband stayed so ling with her. She turned 40 last year and I think had a mid life crises break down as all she wants to do now is shove her kids onto other people so she can go drinking and dancing.....

Best Answer

That is not true at all. Some of my family members are really out there.....Im nothing like my one sister who thinks she is the best thing out there....I hope I never become her....

Best Answer

You may not share the abuse part, but look closer and I assure you, when you zoom in you will find things in common (the family traits), the zoom out and you will look at the greater picture of your family. You will never find other people in the world who have more things in common than your family.

Best Answer

Thank you!

Best Answer

Sad. : (

Best Answer

But it's only because you're "stuck" with them. It's only for a short while and you can break those chains you grew up with and don't like. We do what we learn for sure, but you can change that. I may have a serial killer in my family, it doesn't mean I'll be one too.

Best Answer

You're being too specific. Look at the broader picture. You may not be a serial killer, but may have other traits such as being sociopathic, etc. Look at the good traits in your family and self, nobody is perfect.

Best Answer

Can't agree with that. They are verbally and physically violent, including child and animal abuse, some still smoke, they drink. They are in the box thinkers. Emotionally, I love them from a safe distance. We are not all like the family we came from. Some of us never fit in.

Best Answer

Confidence in one's self doesn't require approval of others.

Top Answer #2
Best Answer

Good observation. I spent too many of my years seeking the approval of others while neglecting myself. Now I am paying the price.

Best Answer

That everybody was faking it with no real clue in the first place.

Best Answer

To walk away from a toxic relationship... Never love anyone more then you love yourself !

Best Answer

yes. i've been there. done that. wonderful advice.

Best Answer

Lol it takes some people a lifetime to figure that one out.

Best Answer

Yes. I've been there and taken that advice. I try at every step to help others figure it out a little sooner then I ever did.

Best Answer

It took me seven years with someone who treated me bad and left me but crawled back and begged that he needed me and etc that eventually left me for someone he was never over and I was angry at myself for so long but I realize you live and learn. I thank that toxic person for showing me to never put up with bs. He would tell me I'm too nice of a girl and he needs a mean ***** I'll never change who i am . Sick twisted people belong together . I was angry it took me so long to .

Best Answer

I agree!!

Best Answer

It's so true ;-) thanks for the reminder

Best Answer

You are wise beyond your years. I wish to God I had done that 29yrs ago...after I said "I do" my husbands attitude changed to "I won't be nice any more." But, there's nothing I can do except pray to God for strength, I'll be 70 this year & not likely to go anywhere. I just try to ignore him as much as possible. The encouraging comments from EP members helps.

Best Answer

Amen! So true, I'm living proof of that!!

Best Answer

You should focus on loving yourself before expecting or demanding others to love you

Best Answer

You're on your own no matter what.

Best Answer

"all alone is all we are" -Nirvana

Best Answer

Couldn't have said it any better :P

Best Answer

exactly, agree!

Best Answer

I agree to this....somewhat. I have been in situations where I really needed help and I really found out who my real friends and good family members were...

Best Answer

how fantastic reading a book can be

Best Answer

You just made my day.

Best Answer

That the people who are watching and listening to you are not usually the ones you think are.

Best Answer

That's a nice heads up.

Best Answer

Good answer.

Best Answer

I like that :)

Best Answer

I wish I had figured out sooner that life is really short and that my parents always had my best interest at heart. They loved me.

Best Answer

<3

Best Answer

Kfc's 11 secret herbs and spices

Best Answer

Hahhahahaa..

Best Answer

Good one :)

Best Answer

Don't cheat

Best Answer

to be your self and true to your self

Best Answer

other peoples' opinions on you does not matter, no matter how close they are to you. you only have one life to make or break; you don't have to stifle yourself in order to accommodate outsiders.

Best Answer

That trying to be popular is a waste of time

Best Answer

Life goes on, time waits on no one and happiness is everything

Best Answer

that you cant stress over little things

Best Answer

That time is way too short .

Best Answer

moments are fleeting

Best Answer

It really is. I am in my 30's and just the other day I was sitting having coffee and just thinking about how fast time flies (after you hot 25) and how I am not anywhere where I would like to be. Im not happy and I do not think I have enjoyed my life at all.

Best Answer

You're as young as you'll ever be. I was 18 yesterday, I'm 60 today

Best Answer

How to ask for what I want.

Best Answer

The soul of a woman was created below. I mean, Robert Plant told me, I just didn't believe him.

Best Answer

Amen. (And I'm not even a Christian...) Check out my gallery, bro. ;)

Best Answer

Whaaaat?!

Best Answer

Gay

Best Answer

Don't feel bad, you're a young man. He told me back in 1969 and I didn't listen. And I paid dearly for that!

Best Answer

I'm betting almost no one on this forum or in this group knows what you're reference is. Dazed and confused for so long now...

Best Answer

That's the beauty of it!

Best Answer

It's not the age, my friend, it's the mileage.

Best Answer

I always wanted to download the opening bars of You Shook Me as a ringtone, but I'm too old to figure out these damned iPhones. Good God I remember watching JP play this from the tenth row at Dallas Memorial Auditorium on 28 March 1970 - forty-four years ago and I remember every moment.

Best Answer