Because I am in a wheelchair, going to school, and working I don't have allot of time to exercise. Because I have been in a wheelchair my whole life I have a low metabolism. I am 5'8" 220lbs. I have a bmi of 35. Please help!
33Anonymous 33Anonymous 18-21, M 22 Answers Aug 1, 2012

Do you know a veteran in your family or area? VA nutritionists deal with that daily. Nothing extra to buy, just change what you eat. The paperwork is available to zany vet for free. I have a set myself. If this were on computer instead of smartass phone (he he) I would scan and send for you. Google healthy nutrition habits. Nothing about actual diets. I've seen people wheelchair bound lose three to five pounds per week, steadily. Patience is your best friend in that situation. Hope this helped. If you want it bad enough, you're the only one that holds you back.

Best Answer

don't diet, chance lifestyle.

Best Answer

Diets dont work! Just so you know... Yes you will loose the wieght when you diet, but when you 'get off' the diet your body will store up ALL the sugars and fats that come its way. This is to store it up for the next 'famine' that you put it thru. If you want to loose wieght you have to change your lifestyle permenantly! I wish you luck!

Best Answer

Partially true! Harsh diets are the ones that will put a person in a famine state.

Best Answer

Water

Best Answer

Buy frozen veggies, fruit smoothies with fruit juice and protein(no yogurt), lean white meats, and small snacks through out the day. I like raw almonds and carrots with humus. And buy fresh grapes, then freeze them for a snack on a really hot day. But the best way for it to work is to make it a lifestyle change, not a diet. If you eat plenty of veggies, at least 3 servings a day, and low carbs,(or good carbs) you should be able to lose weight without exercising.

Best Answer

oh, and cut out sugar and high salt things(like canned veggies and soups, look for salt free or low sodium)

Best Answer

Try going gluten-free. I lost 20+ lbs, am still losing weight, and haven't done anything other than eliminate gluten products. I keep semi-healthy snacks available and graze whenever i'm hungry. My appetite has shrunk by at least half and I don't even crave those foods I once did. Hardest part is avoiding fast food...but it will definitely help you feel better if you can do it. Good luck!

Best Answer

Stick with protein bars, make fruit smoothies for drinks instead of sugar-filled drinks, and eat 2 to 3 small meals a day(a portion of food is supposed to be a handful of whatever). Eat that 2 to 3 times a day, consistent with protein bars and fruit smoothies, you will be well nourished and you'll drop weight fast.

Best Answer

but be careful with protein bars, they can be just as bad as a candy bar with the sugar content sometimes.

Best Answer

Absolutely, there are protein bars that are actually bad for your health but if you look at what you're buying in the store, you should be able to find something that is good for you and won't be counter-productive in staying in shape and in good health.

Best Answer

Eat healthy and eat Half. Drink lots of water and move as often as you can.

Best Answer

Excercise. Get some weights and work out with them when you can. Like if your reading soemthing on a computer screen lift them with one of your arms.

Best Answer

Buy less junk food...I don't buy that it's cheaper than real food to choose healthy choices, even if it's not from the "fresh, organic" section. What's NOT organic....everything that grows is organic. (Look up the definition, chemically, if you doubt it.)

Best Answer

Have you heard of the book called <br />
"BETTER IN 7" its by a doctor. . . i dont remember who. . <br />
But My deit to keep me strong and slim . . <br />
IS Work out 3x a week.<br />
eat pure Vegstables and fruits!! <br />
With chicken breasts for dinner with a side of rice and saut`e vegstables. . .

Best Answer

rice, chicken, steamed vegetables,, cut down on fatty, high carb items, watch your sugar intake.. frozen fruit and low fat yogurt is pretty affordable.. makes for a good breakfast

Best Answer

Eat nothing.

Best Answer

Low-carb, and Vegetable 'Juicing' can help you lose weight fairly quickly, but you should still consult your doc.

Best Answer

Beans and rice, rice and beans.

Best Answer

bread and water

Best Answer